By JOEY WEST-Evening Times Reporter
SAYRE - Three people escaped injury Friday morning after a fire broke out in their upstairs apartment at 321 Hayden St., Sayre.
Sayre Borough Volunteer Fire Department First Assistant Chief Robert Repasky told The Evening Times that the mutual aid agreement between the Sayre Borough, Athens Borough and Athens Township fire departments worked well for this incident.
Repasky said because of the amount of firefighters that responded from the three departments, the fire was not able to spread to neighboring apartments in the complex.
He said there was heavy fire and smoke damage, but minimal water damage.
He said the incident was called in at 9:42a.m. and emergency personnel were on-site until 11:15 a.m.
The fire appears to have been started accidentally. From the upstairs bedroom, firefighters did throw a mattress from the
window that was charred and burned.
Repasky also pointed that all the emergency personnel at the scene worked quickly together.
Sayre, Athens and Athens Township fire departments, the Greater Valley EMS, area police and the Salvation Army responded to the call.
Robert Repasky, Asst. Chief
Sayre Fire Dept.
+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 1 of 1
Thread: Apartment Fire
04-29-2001, 09:45 PM #1RRepaskyFirehouse.com Guest
Users Browsing this Thread
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)