A fast-burning accidental fire tore through the warehouse of a perfume bottling company Friday night, sending four firefighters and a company worker to the hospital with dizziness and smoke inhalation.

The Mana Manufacturing warehouse at 200 Corporate Drive remained closed Saturday, a charred ruin rendered useless until further inspections Monday morning.

The company bottles and packages products for major perfume sellers.

More than 200 firefighters and 20 firetrucks helped fight the blaze, using foam to bring it under control in about 90 minutes and working more than six hours through the night to extinguish the flames.

The blaze broke out shortly after 9 p.m. Friday after a warehouse worker knocked over and shattered a bottle of chemicals with a forklift. The forklift's engine then ignited the alcohol-based liquid, which carried the flames quickly across the floor to cardboard packaging and other flammable.

The worker suffered burns to his right leg, was treated at the scene, and refused further medical attention.

Several dozen employees had evacuated the building when firefighters got to the scene.

Four firefighters and one warehouse worker suffered smoke inhalation and were taken to hospitals, where they were treated and released.

Hazardous material teams from Mahwah and Bergen and Rockland counties responded to the scene as part of the township's emergency management plan, which went into effect shortly after the first call.

The Mahwah Fire Department was aided by teams from Suffern, Ramsey, Allendale, Upper Saddle River, Saddle River, Wyckoff, Oakland, and Waldwick.