7/25- ROCK HILL UNITS RESPONDED FOR STRUCTURE FIRE, UPON ARRIVAL OF FIRST DUE ENG 1 FOUND SINGLE FAMILY DWELLING WITH SMOKE SHOWING, UPON FURTHER INVESTIGATION ENG 1'S CREW FOUND A FIRE IN AN ATTACHED ROOM CONTAING THE GAS WATER HEATER. QUICK KNOCKDOWN BY CREW KEPT FIRE FROM EXTENDING INTO HOME. MINOR DAMAGE THROUGHOUT REST OF HOUSE. IT WAS DETERMINED THAT A GAS CAN WAS STORED IN THIS AREA AND FUMES STARTED THE FIRE. UNITS ON SCENE ENG 1 LAD 1 ENG 3 BAT 1 AND RES 2. GREAT JOB BY THESE CREWS TO KEEP DAMAGE TO A MINIMUM