Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread

Default Durham, NC working fire

S. Alston Ave. @ Lawson St.(numbers unknown), Working fire in a story and a half frame dwelling. First due E-4 found smoke and flames pushing from cellar windows. One line put in service with quick knock down. Aggressive overhaul to check for extension performed by second due companies. No injuries reported with temps around the low 90's. Companies responding: E-4,1,3, L-1, 12, Sq-4, Batt-1, FD-5 (EMS), FD-21(Safety).

Hey Kelly Mac... It is about time someone started reporting what is burning in Durham again. It is hard to keep up with you guys from Charlotte. I was beginning to think DFD had no fires anymore.

Take care.

Hey, it's good to hear from both of you nutty guys!! Billy, you need to call me pretty boy.

I'm trying to get back in the grove and cover the fires on "B" shift. Fire prevention seems to be paying off...what a BUMMER!....HaHa. Billy, I'll talk to you soon. Silver, take care brother.

Hey thought I'd yell atmy brothers& sister to the South.. On july 31 02:24 A single level dwelling caught up.. I arrived first due found heavy flamesand smoke pushing through theroof of a 130 year old farmhouse. By the timeI pulled the first handline the roof collapsed. It Immediately turned into a defensive operation. I proceeded to check all sides of the house backside live wires popping at me and the B side had a half full LP tank not 5-8ft away from the structure. Old man fire got knocked out one more time untill the next time My crew and myself meet him!! We finally rolled back to quarters about 06:30am so, It felt good to hit the bunk a winner!!!
    TC.379

Thread Information