Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread

Default DALE CITY GOES TO THE PENTAGON

Soon after the Boeing 757 crashed into the Pentagon, Arlington Fire officials soon realized that they were in need of additional resources.

The staff command from Arlington and Fairfax Counties called for resources from numerous counties in the Northern Virginia area. These included Alexandria, Prince William, Loudoun, Montgomery County (MD), Prince Georges County (MD), National Airport Authority.

Dale City Volunteer Fire Department (DCVFD) was summonsed by DCVFD Fire Chief Chris Woods soon after 1000 (ET) by utilizing our "all page" system. Approximately 40 volunteers arrived just after 1100 hrs (ET). Initially three EMS units were dispatched to the Pentagon. Altogether, there were just over 10 EMS units, ALS and BLS from Prince William County that responded for mutual aid.

A command center was established and staffing was coordinated by the DCVFD Deputy Chiefs with logistical support from two line officers. The Northern Virgina REACT was contacted to serve as a communications section for Dale City and unit to unit contact. Pagers, cell phones, and landlines were obsolete due to the high volume of use. Fortunately, NEXTEL and the ALTARIS Computer Aided Dispatch terminals were of great use.

DCVFD members were distributed throughout Dale City, Arlington, and Fairfax Counties. and worked through much of yesterday and today to assist our surrounding counties in providing quality fire and rescue protection. Units and members from Dale City are still operating in other fire stations.

Contact the DCVFD to lend support at ALLDCVFD@DCVFD.ORG or WWW.DCVFD.org
    Fir Na Tine

Jared....

I knew you guys would get involved. Watching in AWE from Florida... Well done..!! Proud to say I have been associated with your department.

Stan Mettinger
    PWCDRF 1979-1998
    09-11 .. 343 "All Gave Some..Some Gave ALL" God Bless..R.I.P.
    ------------------------------
    IACOJ Minister of Southern Comfort
    "Purple Hydrant" Recipient (3 Times)
    BMI Investigator
    ------------------------------
    The comments, opinions, and positions expressed here are mine. They are expressed respectfully, in the spirit of safety and progress. They do not reflect the opinions or positions of my employer or my department.

As I write this my heart is heavy with pain.I would like to extened my love and my condolences to the famlies of all the victims who's lives were so tragically taken.To my BROTHERS, you are in my thoughts and prayers.I know that you will not rest till all of our BROTHERS are accounted for. My GOD Bless each and every one of you.

I have no Ambition in this world but one, and that is to be a firemen.The position may,in the eyes of some,appear to be a lowly one; but we who know the work whichthe firemen has to do believe that his is a noble calling. There is an adage which says that"Nothing can be destroyed except by fire." We strive to preserve from destruction the wealth of the world, which is the product of the industry of men,necessary for the comfort of both the rich and the poor.We are defenders from fires of the art which has beautified the world, the product of the genius of men and the means of refinement of mankind.But,above all, our proudest endeavor is to save lives of men----the work of God Himself.Under the impulse of such thoughts, the nobility of the occupation thrills us and stimulates us to deeds of daring, even at the supreme sacrifice.Such considerations may not strike the average mind,but they are sufficient to fill to the limit our ambition in life and to make us serve the general purpose of human society.

Thread Information