Thread: WTC Attack

Default WTC Attack

September 11, 2001 @ 08:52hrs An airplane crashed into the World Trade Center in what was thought to be a plane with a navigational error, less than ten minutes later as the world watched in horor a 2nd plane appeared and crashed into the 2nd tower and it was now know a terrorist attack was underway. Within ten minutes of the first attack 10 alarms were transmitted. Numerous agencies responded only to have the unthinkable happen, the first tower collasped, then the second, everyones hearts were pulled out of their chest at the same time, Father Judge FDNY chaplain was killed while giving the last rights to a fellow firefighter. Chief Gancy was killed along with several hundred firemen whom are still missing. Jersey City send Res1cue 1, Squad 4,
    Engine 17, Ladder 11 and the Mask Service Unit along with 2 Dep and 3 Batt cheifs during the towering inferno's and Joe Lovero a civilian dispatcher was one of the first victims of the terror. While all of FDNY worked to get their brothers out along with civilians FDJC worked from the NJ side of the PATH systems only to find the PATH tunnels to be flooded. All operations were ceased after it was determined that rescue attempts were unsucessful. This will be a long term opperation. as of today there is still 5097 peolpe who are missing.I will update more info as it become available.

Forum Member

Does anyone know who was the NJ Firefighter that lost his life to this incident? what department was he from? Also, who are the NJ F/F that were injured during the secoundary resq operations?
    Just remain calm, it will be okay!

HI BROTHERS, I JUSTED WANTED TO SAY HOW FRUSTRATING THIS IS BECOMING. ME AND 25 OF MY BROTHERS WENT OVER FROM MONTCLAIR FROM THURSDAY TILL YESTERDAY FOR ABOUT 10 HOURS EACH DAY. DIGGING,SHOVELING,SLIPPING AND MOVING LARGE DEBRIS. SADLY, WE FOUND TWO VICTIMS BUT NO SURVIVORS. I DON'T FEEL LIKE DOING MUCH OF ANYTHING EXCEPT HELPING WHICH I REALIZE EVERYONE ELSE WANTS TO DO THE SAME. WE ALL HAVE TO PULL TOGETHER NOW AND KEEP OUR SANITY WHICH IS VERY DIFFICULT TO DO. MY THOUGHTS AND PRAYERS ARE WITH THE FDNY ALONG WITH NYPD. GOD BLESS ALL OF US WHO HELPED OUT IN THIS TRAGEDY.......

The F/F or firebuff or fire dispatcher was Joseph Lovero of Jersey City Fire Department. He was a good buff. Life Member & former Deputy Chief of the Jersey City Gong Club.

Thread Information