Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
    Driver Only
    Firehouse.com Guest

Default Refurbishment of Fire Apparatus

My department is planning to refurbish both of our Pierce Arrow Pumpers. I am looking for different companies in the Maryland/Virginia/Delaware/Pennsylvania area that do this work on a regular basis. The project will go out to bid, but right now we are having a hard time finding prospective bidders. We are trying to keep the bidders to within these states. DEMARVA fire apparatus is on our list...any others...??? Thanks in advance.
    We appreciate the help

Mike Monroe, Apparatus Engineer
    Hyattsville Fire Department
    Hyattsville, MD
    http://www.hvfd.com
    drvronly@erols.com

[This message has been edited by WebTeam (edited 01-31-99).]

dc14398
    Firehouse.com Guest

Good luck on your rehab of your Arrow. We had work preformed by ITE address below. Very happy with there work.
    ITE
    12821 Salem Ave
    Hagerstown MD 21740
    Phone: 301-733-1707

G Koons
    Firehouse.com Guest

Have you contacted New Lexington or 4 Guys both PA Firms.

JohnM
    Firehouse.com Guest

I would avoid the local companies and go direct to Pierce for the refurbs. The local companies may or may not do a good job. On the other hand you will, in my opinion, get excellent work quality from the Pierce refurb department. We had 2 rigs redone at Pierce and they did an outstanding job.I tend to think you get what you pay for. I have heard about several local departments getting refurb work done local, and then having price and completion date over runs.Yes you have to get them out to Appleton, but it is a great excuse to wander around the plant and see all the neat stuff being built. We do use the local companies for dents and that sort of stuff, but Pierce is my choice for anything like a refurb.How many Pierce rigs have the local guys done? On the other hand the Pierce plant does it all the time.I hope this was of some help,as long as you guys aren't ****ed off at Pierce for some reason. Good luck!

Chief Sanborn CFR
    Firehouse.com Guest

The Pennsylvania Fireman magazine lists many refurbishers in your area. If you are not familiar with their publication, you can find more info on them online.

Whitehouse Fire 22
    Firehouse.com Guest

Try East Penn Fire Apparatus in Pottsville, PA They did an excellent job in a refeb for our 75 Hahn. Contact Laurie
    East Penn Fire Apparatus
    P.O. Box 299
    Pottsville
    PA

717/429-2171

capt313
    Firehouse.com Guest

from city of altoona PA FD.tryJC moore ind. of Fredonia PA.They just refurbed our reserve aerial truck a 78 penfab LTI.new body,wiring paint etc.for 107,000 done a great job.they also are referbing an 81 mack MC pumper for us.

capt313
    Firehouse.com Guest

from city of altoona PA FD.tryJC moore ind. of Fredonia PA.They just refurbed our reserve aerial truck a 78 penfab LTI.new body,wiring paint etc.for 107,000 done a great job.they also are referbing an 81 mack MC pumper for us.

capt313
    Firehouse.com Guest

Thread Information