Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
    Sparkill Fire dept
    Firehouse.com Guest

Default Trying to get a reasonable Quint for a resonable price

We are replacing a quint aerial & are limited to 2 main things>>>
    1. a price @ $550,000
    2. a manufacturer that can offer "creative" ways of paying for it.

(I'm not looking for responses as to a specific manufacturer but rather ideas others have used to get a useable truck after things are trimmed away to keep it affordable)

After we pretty much kept all stock items, nothing too extravagant, allowing for the pump, tank, ladder, ground ladders, small generator, smaller cab, lower size engine etc. On paper we come up with an adequate piece. With the commissioners not budging on the price, I'am trying to come up with a contingency plan "if the price is over our amount....
    (We are still of the believe a useable ladder turck can be obtained for $550,000 -
    call us crazy)
    So any Innovative, creative ideas anyone has used to save money on thier spec's would be helpful...
    Feel free to e-mail me with responses or for clarification on this...

------------------
    Sparkill FD - JRM31333@aol.com

Capttomo
    Firehouse.com Guest

I used to be with Excelsior Engine Company in Peral River (12). Very familiar with your area. You have aerials in orangeburg,nyack, and west nyack. You'll want something with a short wheel base, and full pumper capabilities. Have you looked at the 65ft or 75 foot telesqurt. For the amount of fires you guys (rockland county) runs and your limited budget, this might be worth looking at. I just purchased a fully decked out 65ft telesqurt with 500 gallon tank, 1250 gpm pump, 20 gallon foam, 8kw generator, 100 foot hurst reel, 200 foot wire reel, 1000 ft 4" hose bed, 450 foot 2.5" hosebed, 3 1.75" lines. Twin Air conditioners (florida heat) Ladders stored in the body. slide out trays, quartz lights rear 4" discharge, rear 4" intake, etc for $486,000. Truck has 280 cu feet of storage space and a wheelbase of 202". Something to think about. E-Mail if you need more info. Good Luck.Stay safe

Thread Information