STA2
    Firehouse.com Guest

Post 95' Ladder Tower

My volunteer dept. is working on a spec for an E-One 95'ladder tower. I am looking for any dept.'s that currently have them that can offer ideas in the way of specifications. E-One has recently opened a service center in Houston because of the large number E-One units that are going in service in the area. Any ideas or thoughts on what you have and/or what you would change would be appreciated. Lighting, generators, tool boards, ladder compliments, seating configuration, etc. is what I am speaking of. We are looking at a 2000 GPM, 500 GWT, high sides on both sides with 2 electric monitors in the platform as a starting point. Thanks in advance. Be safe.

Larry

RescueTech
    Firehouse.com Guest

Question

Any particular reason you are limiting yourself to E-One?

STA2
    Firehouse.com Guest

Rescqtech,
    Thats a fair question. Out of everyone we looked at they (E-One) was far superior. Tip load, GPM flow, angle of use, distributed load, compartment configurations and easy setup are a few reasons. All the other mfg. we looked at couldn't even meet them on their brochures. The only other option at this point even being remotely considered is an aerielscope on a Seagrave chassis. What do you run up there and why? Be safe.

Larry

TK
    Firehouse.com Guest

STA 2.
    We have a 5 yr old E-One and love it. Works great for us. Felt it was ahead of its time. Still meets current NFPA standards. Hyd. Generator, cord reels, dual hawgs, 2000 gpm, rescue compartments, and more. If you want email me and I will send you copy of spec.
    takonik@tir.com

Wildfire
    Firehouse.com Guest

Wink

Our department has the 95 ft. platform model. The only reason we have it is for the commercial buildings and hotels in the area. The bad thing is that it's hard to manuver. If there's a fire, we just bring in the regular ladders. Also, don't limit yourself to one brand. See what other companies could build a better product for you.

RescueTech
    Firehouse.com Guest

We have just completed our specs for a new tower ladder after 1.5 years of research and work. It should be going out to bid next week. We are looking at LTI & KME. We wanted a true ladder type platform. The reason those two and not E-One is that the factories are reasonably near us for any work, either in or out of warrenty. Yes - there are field shops out there for E-One, but they cannot do ALL of the work. We are an all volunteer department and cannot afford for people to take long time out from their regular jobs to run the tower to a factory - if necessary - that is so far away.

RescueTech
    Firehouse.com Guest

On our specs - we are looking at an AMPS 25K hydraulic generator, twin monitors in the platform (1 electric, 1 manual), 120V & 240V power to the platform, 8 cord reels (4 120v, 4 240V), 3 bottle cascade system with a 2 bottle frag chamber fill station, 10 man cab (long version), Coleman A/C units mounted on the roof of the cab (powered by the AMPS generator which is up and running as soon as the truck is started).......much more than can be described here. Contact me by email at jbix@ameritel.net if you want further info/ideas.

LOCAL 2493 MEMBER
    Firehouse.com Guest

i'm a big fan of platforms. have worked on a 85" snorkel for last for years that will soon be replaced by a 95' tower.

My preference is for the mid-ship towers of aerialscope and the Stuphen. they have only 2 midship out riggers and the other jacks go straight down. The others with four outriggers are monsters. I know you can still short jack but the two center jacks are still the way to go. E-one has a good design jack system with a smaller spread than most others.
    What ever you choose make your tuck a real truck. Put lots of different size ground ladders on it.Don't try to be a pumper-ladder quint-rescue-truck.

Thread Information