1. #1
    Firehouse.com Guest

    Question Halon replacement agents

    I need information on possible halon replacement agents such as CO2, water mist, and any new agents comming onto the market. This is for a research paper for a technical communications class for my degree. If you know of any good reference materials please contact me at phxfyr@aol.com. Class ends Nov 30.

  2. #2
    Firehouse.com Guest


    Sorry if this is a little late but i am new at reading these topics and just saw your question. Yes/no there is a replacement agent for halon but which one are u asking about.Halon 1211 for portable extinguishers or halon 1301 for fire systems. There is a replacement agent for the 1301 and they have come out with a new type of extinguishing agent for portables. Best thing u can do is ask your local fire extinguisher recharge company or visit any fire ext. website. i know Amerex has one but i do not know if any other companies do. I hoped i helped and good luck with your paper

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

Log in

Click here to log in or register