SBrooks
    Firehouse.com Guest

Wink I'll show you mine, if you show me yours...

Hey guys & gals, here is my new squad. Hopefully we'll have it arount to deal with the end of the world...Jan 1, 1900. (<--See, It's starting!)

<A HREF="http://www.geocities.com/BourbonStreet/Bayou/3375/squadchassis.html">Rescue Squad 14, Prince George's County, MD</A>

[This message has been edited by SBrooks (edited December 02, 1999).]

S. Cook
    Firehouse.com Guest

Cool, I should have stopped in over at your place when I was in DC last week.

It says 2 man cab, but it looks bigger. is the cab not the rescue body a walk in/command center also?

[This message has been edited by S. Cook (edited December 03, 1999).]

SBrooks
    Firehouse.com Guest

well it wouldn't have done you any good, uz its still in upstate NY...won't be here till the end of the month.

The cab itself is more or less the front half of a six man tilt cab, cut about 6" aft of the wheelwell. There is a big transverse compartment where the jump seats would be.

The box is a walk in with bench seating & SCBA for six. It's not set up to be a command cab, the county has a couple "command units" one is an old bus, one is a very nice panel van type thing, owned by the Bladensburg VFD.

Once it's here you're more than welcome to come by and see it...just like everyone else we love to show of our firetrucks.

PTFD21
    Firehouse.com Guest

Cool

Looks like a "sweet" ride. I really like the idea of the compartments in the cab. It makes great sense with having a walk-in box. Looking forward to seeing more pics of it when it is in service.

------------------
    ED C.
    PTFD21@firehousemail.com
    "Doin' it for lives and property !"
    <A HREF="http://www.freeyellow.com/members8/ptfd21/index.htm"" TARGET=_blank>Pittsfield Twp. Fire Dept.</A>

e33
    Firehouse.com Guest

Thumbs up

Nice Squad there Sean! So heres my fleet....

Front mounted "A" Frame assembly

This is the Trench/Collapse truck

This is the Water Rescue truck (no longer an ambo!)
    <A HREF="http://www.angelfire.com/nj2/rescueservices49/495m1.jpg[/img" TARGET=_blank>]
    </A>
    This is the boat that could...she kept going in the worst conditions I have ever seen!

[This message has been edited by e33 (edited December 03, 1999).]

STATION2
    Firehouse.com Guest

Thumbs up

Sean, nice apparatus. You know there is a way to make it more functional and look better. Put the body on a Cyclone II chassis. It'll look better and run better. A progressive dept. would have bought two (2) of them. One extra as a spare. I'm just kidding. I hope it serves you well. Be safe.

Larry

edfc
    Firehouse.com Guest

Help me out here. I want to include A PHOTO here and do not know how to do so.

Aff
    Firehouse.com Guest

Exclamation

edfc,
    Click on 'submit reply', then click on '*UBB code is on'. This will give you steps to do it. If that fails, e-mail e33!
    Stay safe...
    Mark

SBrooks
    Firehouse.com Guest

Yeah, I'll bet you see a whole lot of Saulbury's on Cyclone II cabs before you see another on a Seagrave.

STATION2
    Firehouse.com Guest

Talking

Buying out the competition does have its advantages. Saulsbury does build quality though. And your rig does look good. Any other photos of it available? I would like to see how you set up the interior of the cab and body. Anybody know where I can find photos of Chicago companies? And who can do a drawing of an apparatus for me. Not a line drawing like from the factory, but a real life (so to speak) drawing? Thanks. Be safe.

Larry

SBrooks
    Firehouse.com Guest

Well, you see we just got a digital camera this week, and I wasn't real good at using it, but I'll try and put a few pics up on my Geocities site sometime this week.

*****I've put some pictures up, check them out.*************

[This message has been edited by SBrooks (edited December 10, 1999).]

Forum Member

I am just happy the world did not end !
    IACOJ both divisions and PROUD OF IT !
    Pardon me sir.. .....but I believe we are all over here !
    ATTENTION ALL SHOPPERS: Will the dead horse please report to the forums.(thanks Motown)
    RAY WAS HERE 08/28/05
    LETHA' FOREVA' ! 010607
    I'm sorry, I haven't been paying much attention for the last 3 hours.....what were we discussing?
    "but I guarentee you I will FF your arse off" from>
    http://www.firehouse.com/forums/show...60#post1137060post 115

Thread Information