Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
    pvfr fyrfyter
    Firehouse.com Guest

Question pumper/tanker???

Anybody out there have a crossmount pumper/tanker with a pto/transmission generator. am on a small dept. and am trying to look toward the future. don't like midship pumps because you need a portable pump as well for pump and roll or to recirculate when its cold. Thanks for any and all input.

S. Cook
    Firehouse.com Guest

You can use a hot shift PTO on your regular pump for pump and roll, I think they'll drive a pump size up to 2,000 gpm. Fallon NV and Rattlesnake CO have this type of setup. They're online at:

http://www.geocities.com/Baja/Trails/6658/ - Fallon

and

http://www.geocities.com/Baja/Trails/7873/ - Rattlesnake

ChiefDog
    Firehouse.com Guest

We do not have one but I have seen then at the Central States Factory when I was there. When I asked, they said it was for the Pump and roll capabilities for plains fires. May want to contact them to see if there are any they sold in your area.

Good Luck, the spec's are easy it is the Politics that will drive you nutts!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

pvfr fyrfyter
    Firehouse.com Guest

Question

Thanks for the answers. Has anybody gotten a new pumper/tanker lately? If so can I be nosy and ask what it cost. My dept. just got its first new unit in 18 years, a 2K tanker for 100K. our other tanker and the pumper are both in the 25-30 year old range. If I have any input in the decision I hope to go with a 1500pump with a 2500-3000 tank. Thanks for any and all answers. there are alot of nice features on both the Fallon,NV and Rattlesnake,CO units.

RESQ LOU
    Firehouse.com Guest

We just took delivery of a new pumper/tanker made by Pierce. It is on the new Dash 2000 chassic and it is great. It's a 1500 gpm/2500 gal tank,foam system,amps hydralic generator 125gal foam tank, speed crosslays and much more. This unit will run you in the neighborhood of 300k. This unit will not pump-on-the-roll and it weights in around 67,000 with water.

LHS'
    Firehouse.com Guest

Bought a pair of pump and roll 2500 gallon pumper tankers last year for 230K each, with foam, bumper gun, 3000 foot LDH beds, squirrel tails, on Mack chassis with seating for 6.

Thread Information