MFDFITZ213
    Firehouse.com Guest

Post Aerialscope Information

I hope someone out there can give me some straight information on Aerialscope Inc. My Fire Department is looking to replace a 1975 Mack/ Baker Tower Ladder. We have two ladder trucks in the Department now and the second is a new 93 ft LTI mid mount.

After more than two years of research the Committee has decided that the best truck on the market to meet our needs is another 75 ft Aerialscope on a Spartan Chassis. We are very turned off by the length of the new trucks like the LTI especially the huge distance from the rear wheels to the end of the truck. The 75 ft Aerialscope is shorter than most trucks and similar in many ways to a truck that has given us great service for more than 25 years.

We are running into problems convincing the Board of Fire Commisioners about purchasing the Aerialscope. They are very concerned about the financial stability of the Company and their ability to service our needs after purchase. Does anyone have any info about Aerialscopes financial status? Do they rely on FDNY orders to survive. Is their a big parent company backing them? I know the boom will survive anything but will the Company?

On the other hand, is their any information out there about either the new E One mid mount or the new Pierce mid mount. We want an easy driving truck (43-45 ft) that's QUICK to set up with out sacrificing the benefits of a platform. Thanks for any information you can provide and stay safe.

SBLG
    Firehouse.com Guest

The parent company is FWD/Seagrave.They are here in Clintonville WI. I beleave both companies are owned by a private party who i think is a developer / relistate invester.

Batt #2
    Firehouse.com Guest

seen the new Pierce mid- mount 95 footer three days ago. You mid-mount lover hold on to your hats. This is going to be a BIG hit for Pierce. One of the best mid-mounts I have seen. The base section is a large as a bed.
    Good job to the Pierce boys

------------------

grc063
    Firehouse.com Guest

The aerialscope operation is being slowly moved to Clintonville, WI., from Virginia. The base section, console, outrigger components and bodies, (those are just some of the items), are now being manufactured at FWD. There is a big lead time for the chassis, could be a problem. FDNY is still the largest user of these devices. The Pierce mid-mount should be interesting. I believe that the concept/design came from their purchase of Nova-Quintech??
    Good-Luck on your purchase!

------------------
    GRC063

Batt #2
    Firehouse.com Guest

The mid-mount did come from Nova. Pierce basicly took that design and added the Pierce electronic and some other changes like dual turn table rotators.

Thread Information