Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
    firecadet613
    Firehouse.com Guest

Post Aerials- Pierce vs. E-One and why

My brother's department will be getting an aerial soon, probably either Pierce or E-One, all of the trucks up by me are all Pierce, what do you think about who makes the better aerial, and give me some info to back you up on why you feel/think that way about it. BTW they will be getting a platform.

------------------
    Joe E. Thomson
    tttennis@corecomm.net
    ICQ#30864971
    AIM: Firecadet613

mongofire_99
    Firehouse.com Guest

jeez...

here we go again...

STATION2
    Firehouse.com Guest

Exclamation

I respectively refer you to the previous forum titled "Pierce v/s E-One." The same commentary on that forum also covers platforms in terms of which is a superior product. As I said before, if you want to climb a purpose built aerial by a company who has never had a failure-buy E-One. If you don't mind climbing something originally made by a crane company-buy Pierce. Be safe.

Larry

firecadet613
    Firehouse.com Guest

Let me refraise that, does your departement have a E-One or Pierce Platform aerial. Do you like it? What are some things that you would change on it? Have you had any problems with it? What are the good points to it?

------------------
    Joe E. Thomson
    tttennis@corecomm.net
    ICQ#30864971
    AIM: Firecadet613

axeman
    Firehouse.com Guest

E-ONES are junk, we have a 89 75'aluminum aerial attached to a QUINT. This thing is a lemon, last year it underwent $100,000.00 in repairs mostly paid for by E-One. It breaks down constanly, we just got it back from the shop last week, total brake and drum replacement then the aerial ladder wouldn't operate. We have experienced nothing but problems with this apparatus, from starting on it's own to the driveline falling off to catching on fire. I would never endorse an E-ONE apparatus after what weve been through.

Thread Information