DV ST. 18
    Firehouse.com Guest

Post Ferrara rescue engines

ANY DEPT'S out there running ferrara engines with a rescue type body. we are looking along the lines of HD pumper with a 1'000 water,2'000 pump,8 man cab,100 gals type and type b foam.any info on this well be appriciated. we currently run a '84 pierce dash.

------------------

resqb
    Firehouse.com Guest

Arrow

You're dept is switching from Pierce to Ferrara?...You're kidding right. I hope you don't buy the economy type std. engine from Ferrara. My dept. recently bought the econo trucks and wow do they suck. One of them sound like a coffee can full of nuts and bolts getting shaken as it goes down the road. My previous dept. has Pierce and won't buy anything else. Ferrara, just say no!

[This message has been edited by resqb (edited May 24, 2000).]

nubs84
    Firehouse.com Guest

My station bought an inferno rescue pumper and we love it

Forum Member

Default Ferrara???????????????

Hopefully the originator of this thread DIDN'T buy a Ferrara. We don't have any of them but a neighboring FD has 3. An Engine on an ALF 134 Chassis, and 2 Rescue bodies on GMC Top Kick Chassis. One is a heavy rescue and the other is a haz-mat truck. For ANYONE considering a Ferrara make sure you specify doors on your compartments. According to the factory, doors are NOT a body component but ACCESSORIES, therefore not covered by the body warranty.

Let's talk fire trucks!

Exclamation Inferno Rescue Pumper

Nokesville Volunteer Fire Department, located in Prince William County, VA has recently placed a 2003 Ferrara Inferno rescue pumper in service, equipped with a 2000gpm pump and 1000 gallons of water.

Take a look at it on the Virginia Fire News website at:
    http://www.vafiremagazine.com/newdel...ncewilliam.htm

(BTW, I'm associated with the magazine, not the FD!)

Thread Information