tigger
    Firehouse.com Guest

Post CAFS: do you have it?

Do any of you have CAFS (compressed air foam) on any of your apparatus? What do you think of it? Have you used CAFS for interior attack on a structure fire, or for a car fire? What CFR (critical flow rate) have you found for these types of fires?
    I would appreciate any input. Thanks!
    Take care & be safe!

tigger

------------------
    Pull to the Right for Sirens & Lights!

Firehose
    Firehouse.com Guest

Tigger,
    Our department has a new Luverne CAFS pumper with the Waterous Eclipse package. It went online the first of April and has responded to two working fires. The first was an van fire with moderate envolvment in the engine compartment. Extinguishment took less that 10 seconds. It was VERY impressive. The second working fire was a Tractor/trailer comercial moving van with 6 households of belongings intact. Extinguishment took 6.5 hours as we had to unload the entire by hand and extinguish piece by piece. We cannot make a good comparison of this fire with another like it. Check with me again in a few months.....hopefully we will have additional info!!
    Good Luck!
    Firehose

tigger
    Firehouse.com Guest

Smile

Firehose,
    Thank you for your reply! Not many departments have CAFS, and some haven't heard of it.
    I look forward to hearing from you again!
    (Where is your department exactly?)
    Feel free to e-mail me anytime!
    Thanks again & be safe!

tigger

------------------
    Pull to the Right for Sirens & Lights!

Firehose
    Firehouse.com Guest

Tigger
    Choudrant is located in the northern part of Louisiana, about 50 miles south of the Arkansas line and dead center east to west on I 20

[This message has been edited by Firehose (edited June 10, 2000).]

Thread Information