FyredUp
    Firehouse.com Guest

Post 4x4 Freightliner or Navistar

I am researching replacing a 4x4 pick-up brush rig with a larger 4x4 Freightliner or Navistar. The rig would serve double duty as an initial attack for structures etc., as well as an off road brush rig.

Anybody have any experience with something like this? I want a rated fire pump and around 300-500 gallons of water. Also a four door cab.

Thanks,

FyredUp

Looper
    Firehouse.com Guest

Check out Campbell County FD in Wyoming. There are some pictures on their website. They use a 4x4 FL70 chasis and install their own tanks (1000 gal), pumps, compartments, ect. I just spent a week out there and was VERY impressed with it. Excellent off road capability.

Also check out the Hawk from Pierce. Its basically a 4x4 engine.

FyredUp
    Firehouse.com Guest

Thanks. Hey! What is the website adress?

Looper
    Firehouse.com Guest

Sorry, I forgot to write it down...Just search for Campbell County, WY and there is a link to the FD on the county's home page.

ASSTCHIEF102
    Firehouse.com Guest

We had a 1975 pierce mini pumper and after much discussion we replaced it with a pierce international 4x4. It serves as our brush truck and first due for fires and accidents. It has a 500 gpm pump and 400 gallons of water, 1000 feet of 4", 250' 2 1/2, 250' of 1 3/4, 150' 1 3/4 bumper line, and 2 300' booster reels. This truck has served us very well and we are very happy with it.

FireGuyNeil
    Firehouse.com Guest

Cool

Hey you might wanna check out the HME SFO 4X4 and the 4X4 SFO light. Spartan also came out with a similar unit called the Mountian Star which is a 4X4 Metro Star. This costs a few more bucks but is top of the line 4X4 chassis. This is the ultimate way to go! Several maunfactors have built awsome attack pieces on the SFO 4X4 chassis. This is the ultimate first out piece to handle 80% of your runs. Go to www.firetrucks.com to get more information. If you need anything else send me an email. Take care and be safe. FGN

CAM
    Firehouse.com Guest

Decide if it is to be an urban interface vehicle or an off road wildland vehicle.
    When looking for chassis is is better to have clear goals of what you are trying to accomplish. Then see what will work towards meeting those goals.
    For an off road wildland vehicle Look at stewart & stevensons SS-300. It is a 4 axle, 8 wheel drive capable unit that has great road handleing capabilities as well as off road abilities that traditional chassis would only dream about. Send me your e-mail and I will forward the complete specs to you.
    The chassis weight is 8900 lbs with a payload capability of 11000.
    camaintenance@hotmail.com

Thread Information