Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
    ENG 6511
    Firehouse.com Guest

Post Does Anyone know the Answer?

Many fire apparatus manufacturers are using a grey speckle coating material inside the compartments as opposed to painting them. Anyone know the name of the coating or who supplies it ? Thanks.

------------------
    Bob Compton

[This message has been edited by ENG 6511 (edited September 16, 2000).]

N2DFire
    Firehouse.com Guest

Bob,

If the stuff your talking about is the same stuff I'm thinking of - then try looking at some of the truck accesory shops in the area.

I'm thinking this is the same material that spray in truck bed liners are made from. If so, you can probably get a lead on the materials from them or perhaps even cut a deal with them on getting your compartments done.

Just a thought. Good luck in the search.

Ooops - almost forgot. That bed liner material can be custom colored to your taste too. So you could actually get it color matched to your truck.

Take Care - Stay Safe
    Stephen

[This message has been edited by N2DFire (edited September 18, 2000).]

DD
    Firehouse.com Guest

Go the the National Association of Emergency Vehicle Technicans site at the following address: http://www.naevt.org/disc1_tocf.htm

These guys can answer any question dealing with emergency vehicles. They seem to be the real pros of the business.

[This message has been edited by DD (edited September 18, 2000).]

Fyrtrks
    Firehouse.com Guest

Cool

I think it's called Zolatone Splatter Paint. Most Hardware stores have something simalar in the Rustoleum line.

------------------
    Dan Jenkins
    Fyrtrks

Thread Information