Thread: Tower

chiefjay4
    Firehouse.com Guest

Post Tower

Looking to build a Sutphen 70+ platform, quint. Just toured the plant, and was impressed, any feedback from anyone good or bad....Thanks

Fyrtrks
    Firehouse.com Guest

Cool

I would recommend Sutphen. Sutphen has been a good name for a long time. The dealer in Southern NY is a fantistic guy. The one in central NY, well I'll leave it there. Warranty is fantastic they bendover backwards to make you happy. They don't seem to use as thick a material as others but still have a nice truck. Syracuse has many.I have never heard of a sutphen failure but i know of a few problems. Syracuse NY jacked in the front yard on the drivers side the tower tipped over because of the water running out the building had softened up the ground under the outrigger. It could have been better placement. Another NY Dept had some problems with cables on thier 65+' no failure. They also had some cracked welds on the turntable the dealer did not build in a independent test at the time of delivery. The welds were fixed and the inital test and retest were taken careof by the factory at no charge. The dealer had it taken from his next commission. I would definatly get the single bucket model.

------------------
    Dan Jenkins
    Fyrtrks

Thread Information