Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
    TJHELMS
    Firehouse.com Guest

Thumbs up Pierce Enforcer anyone?

I'm looking for any dept that has had any experiences with the new Pierce Enforcer model. With the weight we want to carry on this engine we are looking to move up from the Sabre series (which they have made thousands)to the Enforcer series (which they have made about fifty)for the beefy axles and a few more extra's. Pierce is excellent at standing behind their equiptment and with their service and we have not had any problem with past Pierce products or service but this is a new model.
    I would like to hear any pro's or con's about this specific model from anyone who is working with or has tested the Enforcer model.

TJHELMS
    helfire9@worldnet.att.net

[This message has been edited by TJHELMS (edited September 26, 2000).]

BMFD31
    Firehouse.com Guest

from what i understand is that the enforcer is a pierce dash 200 just without the multiplex wiring that is on the dash now. the enforcer uses standard wiring.we are in the process of ordering a enforcer rescue pumper in the next week or so.we were going to get a dash but this is a more reasonable way for us to go and get basically the same rig.

RKSmith
    Firehouse.com Guest

I saw the Enforcer at the FDIC show in Indianapolis last year. It is neither a dressed down Dash or a dressed up Saber. It is a completly new design. It is set up for the midrange engines like the Series 40 and the Cummins 430-470hp. The axle weights are higher than the Sabers and has 45 degree cramp angles. Interior wise it is different than either the Dash or the Saber. I am seriously considering it for a 61 ft. Skyboom in a couple of years. My department has had 11 Pierce products over the past 13 years ranging from a 100ft.Platform to an Initial Attack pumper on order. They have performed well. I would expect no less from the Enforcer. Pierce seems to work out the bugs in new products before they reach the market. I would like to see some working in the field and I would also like the see how the Cummins new 370hp engine performs.

mikek821
    Firehouse.com Guest

We have taken dilivery of our new Enforcer 2 weeks ago..Truck looks great except it has one major flaw..Not really the trucks fault..but the manufacturers...Our has the Series 40 Detroit(as most know this is really an INTERNATIONAL motor market by Detroit Diesel. We aslo have a class 1 pressure govenor on it. What we have found is with this combination the engine hs a slight hesitation and a noticalbe miss when in pump. This has been traced and verified by Pierce and Class1 as a problem with this engine and pressure govenor combination. Our truck is the extreme, but all trucks with this combo do have a slight miss in the motor. With enough research and arm twisting there is a fix by both manufactures. If you have any Questions on this please feel free to call or write. Henry Co Fire Dept (GA)
    mikek821@aol.com
    I have included a link to the pic of our new truck.

pwc606
    Firehouse.com Guest

MY VOLUNTEER STATION JUST ORDERED AN ENFORCER RESCUE. WE PUT THE NEW CUMMINS ISL 370 IN DUE TO THE BUDGET WE HAD TO WORK WITH. THIS SIZE MOTOR ALLOWS US TO HAVE MORE THAN ENOUGH HP AND MAINTAIN THE COST OF THE TRANSMISSION. WITH THE ISL WERE ABLE TO PUT A 3066 ALLISON IN IT. WITH THE DETROIT WE COULD NOT GET 370 HP WITHOUT UPGRADING TO THE 4066 TRANMISSION WHICH FOR US WAS A VERY LARGE AMOUNT OF MONEY. THE SPECS ON THE ENFORCER LOOK VERY GOOD AND THE REP WE HAD DID A FANTASTIC JOB WORKING WITHIN OUR BUDGET TO MEET OUR SPECS. WE LOOKED AT THE SABER BUT WERE NOT REALLY SOLD ON IT AND THE DASH WAS A LITTLE ON THE HIGH SIDE PRICE WISE.
    THE ENFORCER WILL GIVE YOU BASICALLY THE SAME OPTIONS THAT THE DASH HAS AT A LOWER PRICE. WITH THESE SAVINGS WE BOUGHT SOME NEW TOOLS AND REPLACED OUR AGING EXTRICATION SYSTEM.

[This message has been edited by pwc606 (edited October 28, 2000).]

Thread Information