bud122
    Firehouse.com Guest

Question Tool mounting systems

We are looking for ideas requarding mounting tools on slide out boards. Anyone with names of comanies or how your department dose it would help

Chief 4-2
    Firehouse.com Guest

Check into PacTrac mounting systems. They are great for mounting everything you have.

Eric

tmr91
    Firehouse.com Guest

Try using a cardboard box or just a piece to do a trial run. Cut it to the size of your slide out tool boards. This will allow you to try different layouts. If you are a career department, this et up allows different shifts to try out and present differt ideas. I found either the mounting brackets supplied with the tools(axes, haligan, etc) work well or take a trip to the local hardware store. This is a way to save a little $$$. Just my thoughts.

1M89
    Firehouse.com Guest

tmr91's suggestion works. We frequently use 1/4 plywood to make tool mounting board mock-ups or even "test boxes" that duplicate an entire compartment and shelving. You'll save yourself at lot of time and trouble (and potential criticism) by using a mock-up of your proposed mounting for everyone to provide input. Also, you'll know up front if your plan is going to work. Once the bugs are worked out, you can use the mock-up as a template. "Measure twice, cut once" is a principle to carry with you when planning your mounting scheme. PAC, Zico, Darley, Iowa-Aaerican, Paul Moore Co.,etc. all have various brackets to meet just about any need.

Harold Thiele
    Miami Twp. Fire & EMS

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by bud122 View Post
    We are looking for ideas requarding mounting tools on slide out boards. Anyone with names of comanies or how your department dose it would help
    http://www.plastixplustx.com/toolmou...t/tmHurst.html

Call me or email and i can send you pictures of what we do. THis is our specialty.

Mike
    PLASTIX PLUS LLC
    (281) 469-3451

Thread Information