colfireman
    Firehouse.com Guest

Cool Kenworth 4Door Trucks

Hi there.I was wondering if anyone has seen the new Kenworth T-300 4 door cabs available from Pierce.If anyone has any literature or pictures i wouls greatly appreciate them.By the way i contacted Pierce and after 3 weeks still have not received any info on them.

N2DFire
    Firehouse.com Guest

Well - being the curious type truck-o-phile that I am. I spent a few minutes (o.k. o.k. I spent my lunch hour) doing some web searching for the ellusive T-300 4 door - alas to no avail.

I read the entire 5 Page T-300 brocure from Kenworth (available in Adobe PDF format from www.kenworth.com) and not once did it picture or mention a 4 door version.

I also hit a few sites for Large truck customizers (Ever see a T-300 w/ Sleeper pulling a 40 Foot motor home ?!?!) and even they did not have a 4 Door variety T-300.

This leads me to belive one that one (or more) of the following are true:

1) Pierce is doing the 2 Door to 4 Door conversion In-House
    2) The T-300 4 Door is a Pierce Exclusive from Kenworth
    3) It is something still in the Design Stage for the 2002 Model year and not yet available to the "General Public"

Sorry I couldn't be more help (or more informative).
    If any one out there happens to know of, see, or have a picture of this Loch Ness of the Highway - howzabout letting us know.

Take Care - Stay Safe
    Stephen
    FF/Paramedic

DonRobbie
    Firehouse.com Guest

I didn't see anything about the Kenworth crew cabs on the KW site either. However the Peterbilt Model 330 (the PACCAR "sister" to the T300) is mentioned on their site as having a factory crew cab option.
    http://www.peterbilt.com/index_gal_m...model=model330

CFD Explorer
    Firehouse.com Guest

If you have a Pierce calendar their is a 4 door KW Rescue Pumper in it.

colfireman
    Firehouse.com Guest

Talking

ND2Fire I have been to Kenworth as well and have not received or seen 4 door pics.There was an ad in Firehouse about 4-5 months ago with a small picture of a 4 door unit.The best guess that i have is your option 2.This is a Exclusive to Pierce.If anyone knows what Fire dept has on let me know as we would like pictures and information on it.Thanks again

J Almon
    Firehouse.com Guest

The KW T-300/Pierce four door is a Kenworth authorized modification by Pierce. They had one at FDIC in Indy last year. E-One is doing a like deal with Peterbilt.
    The KW four door makes for a rather long truck unless you go with a side mount pump panel. Pierce has the steering cramp angle to 50 degrees so the turn radius is still about as tight as a custom. The KW product has a one year warranty, but the 4 door conversion and the rest of the Pierce body has a 10 year warranty. They've been available for about a year.

John Berryman Jr.
    Firehouse.com Guest

Originally posted by N2DFire:
    Well - being the curious type truck-o-phile that I am. I spent a few minutes (o.k. o.k. I spent my lunch hour) doing some web searching for the ellusive T-300 4 door - alas to no avail.

I read the entire 5 Page T-300 brocure from Kenworth (available in Adobe PDF format from www.kenworth.com) and not once did it picture or mention a 4 door version.

I also hit a few sites for Large truck customizers (Ever see a T-300 w/ Sleeper pulling a 40 Foot motor home ?!?!) and even they did not have a 4 Door variety T-300.

This leads me to belive one that one (or more) of the following are true:

1) Pierce is doing the 2 Door to 4 Door conversion In-House
    2) The T-300 4 Door is a Pierce Exclusive from Kenworth
    3) It is something still in the Design Stage for the 2002 Model year and not yet available to the "General Public"

Sorry I couldn't be more help (or more informative).
    If any one out there happens to know of, see, or have a picture of this Loch Ness of the Highway - howzabout letting us know.

Take Care - Stay Safe
    Stephen
    FF/Paramedic

Steve Hagy
    Firehouse.com Guest

Talking

Hi,

I just photographed a pair of Kenworth T-300/Pierce 4 door cab rigs in Florida this week. It will be another week or so before I have the photos but I'll email them to you then. The rigs are in service in the towns of Jasper and Madison. The cab extension is very roomy inside. Both departments were quite pleased with their rigs. Also, I believe both of these FD's have web sites. You could probably e-mail them for information. Also, 10-8 Fire Equipment (the Pierce distributor in Florida) had a piece of sales literature printed showing the KW chassis.

Steve

Steve Hagy
    Firehouse.com Guest

Smile

Hi,

I have the pictures of the KW T-300's available now. If anyone would like to see them, e-mail me and I send the scans to you. Both rigs are pumpers, one from Jasper and the other from Madison, Florida.

Rnpeder
    Firehouse.com Guest

As mentioned before, the four door Kenworth is an authorized modification performed by Pierce. The is also a company in Texas that does a four door modification to the Kenworths and Peterbuilts. Schwalbe, Inc located in Muenster, TX.

Steve Hagy
    Firehouse.com Guest

Walhonding Valley Fire district at Warsaw, Ohio has purchased a T-300 pumper and a heavy rescue (right up your alley). The pumper is on a 4 door chassis and the rescue has a 2 door. Their web site is on the Fire-EMS psge located at: http://www.fire-ems.net/firedept/view/WarsawOH/. There is a photo of each of the rigs there.

Default Kenworth And Peterbilt 4 to 8 Door Chassis

Several months ago our department was looking for a 4x4 6 door Peterbilt ot Kenworth Presonnel Truck. I found this company see link!

>>> http://peterbiltcrewcabs.groupee.com/

They Offer 4x4 and 6x6 4 to 8 Door Cab and Chassis On New Or Used Peterbuilt and Kenworth Chassis! These guys are easy to work with They save us a lot of money transforming used T 300 Day Cabs into Crew Cab for our department!

You Call West at 800 542 6680

PETERBILT T 330,PETERBILT T 335,PETERBILT T 325,PETERBILT T 384,PETERBILT T 3385,PETERBILT CREW CAB, PETERBILT CREW CAB T 330,PETERBILT CREW CAB T 385, PETERBILT CREW CAB T 325, PETERBILT CREW CAB T 384, Peterbilt T 385, Kenworth Crew cab haulers, Peterbilt crew cab hauler,PETERBILT T 330,PETERBILT T 335,PETERBILT T 325,PETERBILT T 384,PETERBILT T 3385,PETERBILT CREW CAB, PETERBILT CREW CAB T 330,PETERBILT CREW CAB T 385, PETERBILT CREW CAB T 325, PETERBILT CREW CAB T 384, Peterbilt T 385, Kenworth Crew cab haulers, Peterbilt crew cab hauler,PETERBILT T 330,PETERBILT T 335,PETERBILT T 325,PETERBILT T 384,PETERBILT T 3385,PETERBILT CREW CAB, PETERBILT CREW CAB T 330,PETERBILT CREW CAB T 385, PETERBILT CREW CAB T 325, PETERBILT CREW CAB T 384, Peterbilt T 385, Kenworth Crew cab haulers, Peterbilt crew cab hauler, PETERBILT T 330,PETERBILT T 335,PETERBILT T 325,PETERBILT T 384,PETERBILT T 3385,PETERBILT CREW CAB, PETERBILT CREW CAB T 330,PETERBILT CREW CAB T 385, PETERBILT CREW CAB T 325, PETERBILT CREW CAB T 384, Peterbilt T 385, Kenworth Crew cab haulers, Peterbilt crew cab hauler,PETERBILT T 330,PETERBILT T 335,PETERBILT T 325,PETERBILT T 384,PETERBILT T 3385,PETERBILT CREW CAB, PETERBILT CREW CAB T 330,PETERBILT CREW CAB T 385, PETERBILT CREW CAB T 325, PETERBILT CREW CAB T 384, Peterbilt T 385, Kenworth Crew cab haulers, Peterbilt crew cab hauler,PETERBILT T 330,PETERBILT T 335,PETERBILT T 325,PETERBILT T 384,PETERBILT T 3385,PETERBILT CREW CAB, PETERBILT CREW CAB T 330,PETERBILT CREW CAB T 385, PETERBILT CREW CAB T 325, PETERBILT CREW CAB T 384, Peterbilt T 385, Kenworth Crew cab haulers, Peterbilt crew cab hauler,

MembersZone Subscriber

Talk about yer "Thread from the Dead" file - wow.

This one deserves a gold star for effective use of the search feature
    Take Care - Stay Safe - God Bless
    Stephen
    FF/Paramedic
    Instructor

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by N2DFire View Post
    This one deserves a gold star for effective use of the search feature
    I'll second that motion. This thing is ancient!
    ------------------------------------
    These opinions are mine and do not reflect the opinions of any organizations I am affiliated with.

MembersZone Subscriber

<sniff sniff> I swear I smell a processed pork product, popular in Hawaii... Anyone else?
    Last edited by npfd801; 01-29-2008 at 11:59 PM.
    "Share your knowledge - it's a way to achieve immortality." - Stolen from Chase Sargent's Buddy to Boss program

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by npfd801 View Post
    <sniff sniff> I swear I spell a processed pork product, popular in Hawaii... Anyone else?
    Yeah, but nonetheless.........he did some diggin.
    These opinions are mine and do not reflect the opinions of any organizations I am affiliated with.

Thread Information