Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: who is the best fire truck company

Forum Member

In my almost 30 years in the fire service I have been an engineer or officer on Pierce, E-one, FTI, KME, ALF, Ward LaFrance, Saulsbury, and Quality.

The hands down winner in quality, reliability, performance was QUALITY.
    The worst by far was Saulsbury, but I blame the spec process 100% - not the company.
    All the others had good and bad points, but I liked them all. Regardless of the brand it was our bread and butter and we took ownership of it. Each engineer should treat their apparatus like it was their own car.

Quote Originally Posted by 16Scott View Post
    In my almost 30 years in the fire service I have been an engineer or officer on Pierce, E-one, FTI, KME, ALF, Ward LaFrance, Saulsbury, and Quality.

The hands down winner in quality, reliability, performance was QUALITY.
    The worst by far was Saulsbury, but I blame the spec process 100% - not the company.
    All the others had good and bad points, but I liked them all. Regardless of the brand it was our bread and butter and we took ownership of it. Each engineer should treat their apparatus like it was their own car.
    Thats funny, because our 1989 Duplex/Quality is one of the biggest schitboxes on the face of god's green earth. The Duplex chassis/cab is ok.....But the body.....NON-Quality.
    "Loyalty Above all Else. Except Honor."

Thread Information