I am interested in hearing from anyone who has a Kenworth T-300 mounted medium duty ambulance. I am meeting resistance from ambulance builders and my management for straying from the "norm" of using a Freightliner. Just a few questions:
1. How did you get the rear air dump to lower enough for a Stryker stretcher (33 inchs to the floor)
2. Air brakes or hydraulic? and why?
3. How do you justify the greater cost of the Kenworth?
4. Which truck offers the best ride in the patient compartment?
5. If using air brakes, is an ambulance exempt from DOT standards like a fire truck?
I have many more questions, feel free to contact me.
I am also interested in photos of any ambulances on a Kenworth frame.
+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 1 of 1
Thread: Kenworth VS Freightliner
02-10-2001, 02:24 PM #1RnpederFirehouse.com Guest
Kenworth VS Freightliner
Users Browsing this Thread
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)