RICK CASEY
    Firehouse.com Guest

Question commercial ladder trucks

i would like to know if you are currently using a commercial ladder truck and if you are having any problems with this equipment

Neptune 33
    Firehouse.com Guest

Our 2nd due truck is a 1996? International with a 75? Aerial Innovations ladder...the only problem that I can think of it, is that lack of manuverability, it's hard to get it into places where you might sometimes need the truck to get.

The City of White Plains, in Westchester Coutny, NY has a Stick mounted on a commercial chassis....It is mad ugly...I jear they did that so they could rechassis it for DPW when the FD was done with it....That's all I know
    FTM - PTB

MembersZone Subscriber

Alot with White Plains had to do with money also. From what I understand, at one point, a former city manager ordered a new ladder truck without talking to the FD. It came in missing numerous safety features. Like there was no locking mechanism on the turn-table. The modifications that had to be made ended up costing more then if it was spec'd out the right way. I do have to say that it does look weird seeing that international cab with a stick.

-------------------------------------------
    The above is my opinion only and doesn't reflect that of any dept/agency I work for, deal with, or am a member of.

If you look in the last issue of FAJ you can see a Peterbilt with a 61' Pierce sky-boom on it.
    Also, up here in Canada, it is not uncommon to see a commercial ladder truck.

[ 08-07-2001: Message edited by: mattqc ]
    mattqc

Forum Member

I just got back from vacation in the Outer Banks of North Carolina. I saw a fire station that housed a tower mounted on a commcerial chassis. I consider it a big step on my way to "having seen everything."

Thread Information