Forum Member

Default Engines-Trucks-Rescues

Does anybody have an interesting,unique or special purpose response apparatus? If so, what is it and what is it used for?

Forum Member

I'd also like to know more about the breed of Tactical Engines ? Does anybody have one?

And does anybody have pix of somebodies Sutphen Tac Engine known as Tac 44 or know where its from?

Forum Member

TacSupport1 what is your definition of a tac. eng.? I ask due to this term not being popular in the midwest. No I am not being a smart *****.

Tac support 1,
    I know of a Tac 44 (suckfin)it's maroon in color and operated by Springfield Fire Co. in Delaware County ,Pa.
    It's pretty much a full size engine with a normal complement of stuff. It's fairly new maybe about a year old and replaced a much smaller piece which I would consider to be Tac size. The old piece was designated Tac 44 and they just passed on the designation.

We have an old hand-me-down ambulance that we use now for our dive team, hauling divers' gear, and other assorted water rescue stuff around. We're located on the Great Lakes, so we have to prepare for the odd drowning/boat rescue. It also serves as a people-mover at large fires, and to haul air bottles around to the cascade system at the station.
    I can think of no more stirring symbol of man's humanity to man than a fire engine.

--Kurt Vonnegut

Thread Information