Default My companies new NewLex/FL112 pumper/tanker (with pics)

ok, my small volunteer company took delivery of our FIRST truck with seating for more than two, our first truck with jump seats.

Truck is a freightliner FL112, 500hp cummins, allison 5spd auto

1800 gallon tank, hale 1250 with the Total Flowminder relief valve setup, will hold 700 feet of 5" and any other hose we choose to put on it. This truck is a MONSTER

Any questions, just post them!

Will
    http://www.newlex-fire.com/new_del/geiger.htm

[ 10-28-2001: Message edited by: WillB ]
    There are three truths in life:

1. Jews do not recognize Jesus as the Messiah.
    2. Protestants do not recognize the Pope as the leader of the Christian faith.
    3. Two Baptists do not recognize each other in the liquor store.

Forum Member

Nice rig Will, I want a ride and a tour soon !

For more Pictures - http://www.newlex-fire.com/new_del/geiger.htm

[ 10-27-2001: Message edited by: Rescue9 ]

I couldn't see or quite make out who manufactured the body? Real nice Engine/Tanker. Maybe I'm just not familiar with NewLex?

[ 10-27-2001: Message edited by: ENG 6511 ]
    Bob Compton
    IACOJ-Proud
    IACOJ-HALL OF FAME-2003

John_Ford
    Firehouse.com Guest

New Lexington is a group of guys down around Somerset, PA. I had heard that they were a group that had split off from 4 Guys. They have been in business for around 15 years now and built tankers at first. They have branched off into Engines and have done a few rescues lately. Quality control when they first started was kinda iffy but they have improved greatly over the years. Just an aside. A company I know had an Engine redone there and the Chief really tore them up on their quality control. That company still has that engine and and a Rescue engine. I think that they also got a engine tanker from them but I don't remember. I just saw a CAFS Engine they delivered to Elizabethville, PA and I was impressed. Hafta wait to see how it works out. My 2 Cents worth.

[ 10-28-2001: Message edited by: John_Ford ]

Hey Corey, thanks I had a brain problem this morning and forgot to post the URL for the pics, so now at 2am, just as I got home from the Zion Rd. accident, I realize I didn't post it....

If you wanna come out to see it tomorrow around 2:00 we will be out in our push to get it in service monday nite. Radio Maint. will be out monday morning to install the radio, that's the last big thing

-Will

[ 10-28-2001: Message edited by: WillB ]

You were correct. New Lexington is a company that was formed when some of the people who worked at 4 Guys split of in 1989 and formed a New Lexington. Since then some of them have gone seperate ways but New Lexington remains. They build both stainless steel and aluminum apparatus. Both New Lex. and 4 Guys specialize in elliptical tankers but they also offer other types of apparatus. 4 Guys only builds stainless steel and uses a slightly different compartment body construction technique. Two years ago New Lex. they went through some tuffer times as do most growing companies do. Remember that to big to fast is not always a good thing. They stuck with it and did a re-organization of the company. Since then things seem to have settled down and gotten better. I use to sell fire apparatus part-time for a New Lex. dealership but have since moved on and now sell apparatus directly for another manufacture. The company I now sell for is called Kenco Fabricating and is also located in Western PA. Because we are small we are not that well know either. Alot of people have seen our apparatus at shows but are not that fimilar with our name. We specialize in Rescues and Squads but also offer pumpers, tankers, attacks, and brush apparatus. We started as a refurbishing company and have grown into building new apparatus. I think that Western PA. has some of the best apparatus builders available. Funny thing is that they are all approximately 25 miles apart. In Ohio is Sutphen who also builds very nice custom units but they are very pricey. I hope this little bit of information helps. Take care and be safe. FireGuyNeil

that's one nice looking truck. Our dept took delivery of a 2000 Peterbilt 357/ S and S fire tanker about this time last year. New trucks are always fun to have. this was the first tanker our dept bought new. in the past other ones had been redone from other trucks into a tanker. Only problem is i don't see a Q on that truck. I like that freight-shaker though. Good luck with the new truck, the first fire is always a test.
    I'll have photos up of our dept's apparatus soon.

Bryan
    RHVFC@aol.com
    Round Hill Volunteer Fire Company- First in the Backcountry

You won't see a Q on it.... we have no traffic

Tis is actually are second current tanker, we have a 79 GMC 4 guys 3000 gallon also, we used to have a 91 ford/4guys 1500 gallon, but that was rolled by our assistant chief last year, the new truck is a replacement for the ford. We have found a replacement for asst. chief yet

Update Truck was placed in service yesterday, we only had it two days

Thread Information