Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread

Post Bronto skylift Is it any good ?

Can someone say if bronto skylifts are any good, i've heard not too great things abut them.

Thumbs down

Beltsville VFD in PG county, MD has had one for about 5 years. All of the folks I talk to from there don't like it. Although I understand their officers defend it(I guess when you make the decision to spend money on a peice of junk, you don't want to admit you were wrong). I do know that it is slow. I've seen how long it takes to get the bucket in the air. Most trucks can be set up and have personell cutting the roof in the time it takes them to start lifting the bucket. I also understand that it is very sensitive and the stick locks up a lot if not exactly leveled.
    THE ABOVE REFLECTS MY OPINIONS AND IN NO WAY REFLECTS THOSE OF MY DEPARTMENT.

Forum Member

Thumbs up

The Bronto sky lift was not very good up in till a few years when Federal Signal (the worlds largest fire apparatus manufacture) purchased Bronto sky lift. Federal signal brands our <br />E-one, Saulsbury, Superior, Tradition, and Bronto<br />The Bronto platforms our the tallest in the world<br />Their height range from 60-288 feet<br />Bronto has just introduced a new product to the American fire service the F100 rescue ladder platform the plat form it self is amazing and it is built on a Saulsbury body<br />Go to this website to see pics and the specs<br /><a href="http://www.e-one.com/Bronto.html" target="_blank">http://www.e-one.com/Bronto.html</a>
    cp

Thread Information