Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread

Question New Ladder Truck

I am currently starting to spec out a new aerial truck and was wondering if anyone out there had an E-One rearmount with a short wheelbase similar to Boston's trucks. I have found some pictures on the web but they are all taken from the driver's side. I would like to see pictures taken from the officer's side, rear etc. Also I think Boston stores their ladders on the sides as well as the rear of the truck?? Anyone else have a similar ladder with compartments on the sides and ladder storage in the rear.

Feel free to drop me a line.

<br />P.S. Just in case you were wondering, my station is not getting rid of our tiller truck, I am specing this out for another department.

[ 01-09-2002: Message edited by: tillerman14 ]</p>

Exclamation

Cincinnati operates E-One rearmounts at each of their 13 ladder companies. If you go to the <a href="http://www.cfdhistory.com/" target="_blank">CFDHistory.com </a> site you can see photos of most of them.

Go to the upper left corner of the main page and click on companies. If you look at Trucks 1, 10, and 14 you can get a pretty good overall view of how they look. The 2 1994 deliveries shown at Trucks 1 and 4 are the only ones with the ladders stacked on the drivers side.

The officers side of the rig is pretty much the same on all of the trucks. Beiginning with the 1995 deliveries, all of the trucks had compartments on the drivers side too.

I'll see if I can dig up a picture showing the rear end of one and send it to you (not sure if I have one).

Lightbulb

I just realized that if you look in the fireground photos section at the CFDHistory site, several of the pictures have rear mount aerials working where you can get some idea of how the rear end is set up.

Also, the site has a forum section for questions. If you want to know anything about the rigs you should be able to get a response if you post there.

Steve

Thread Information