daysleeper47
    Firehouse.com Guest

Post Youngstown, Ohio Fire Department Website is CHANGED!

The Unofficial Youngstown Fire Department Website has undergone a massive change since the last time I posted anything about it. Check it out at:
    http://youngstownfiredept.8m.com

If you have a site, I would be more than happy to add your link, just return the favor...ohh, and feedback is always appreciated. Keep it real, Joe

------------------
    Joe
    Daysleeper47
    "When the bell goes ding-ding, its time to get on the woo-woo."
    "Dusting desire - starting to learn. Walking through fire with out a burn..."
    Youngstown Fire Department

Steve Hagy
    Firehouse.com Guest

Smile

O.K. it changed, I guess it's O.K. Just becaused it's loaded with pictures, information, and history about the Y.F.D. The webmaster also has a very nice cat. Actually, this is one of the better sites to check out. The content is terrific. If you're thinking of opening a site, take a look at both of the YFD sites. There's a lot of effort and good ideas in them. So where is Mickey's Bar?

daysleeper47
    Firehouse.com Guest

LOL Steve...unfortunetly Mickey's closed. Something about selling alcohol to minors every single night of the week...but thankfully a new bar(and one that is in good standing with minors like the previous) has opened...both have enhanced Youngstown's image(riiiiiiiight). I guess you checked out my personal site.

As for the YFD site's( http://youngstownfiredept.8m.com and http://www.youngstownfire.com ) , they are both great sites. Greg and I have gone into a lot of joint ventures such as starting a YFD email newsletter and we both actively maintain the YFD bulletin board, posting fire calls and the like. I will be the first to admit that his site is a lot better than mine, as he has tons of experience in web design, and this is only my first real website. Greg has a massive update coming on June 25th, and even I don't know what it is...although I am guessing he will launching a live feed into the YFD dispatch, but that is a guess. Check out http://www.youngstownfire.com on June 25th!!!!

------------------
    Joe
    Daysleeper47

[This message has been edited by daysleeper47 (edited 06-24-2001).]

daysleeper47
    Firehouse.com Guest

I was right, it was a live feed to the YFD dispatch. Check it out at: http://members.nbci.com/_XMCM/yfd/live/index.html

------------------
    Joe
    Daysleeper47

Steve Hagy
    Firehouse.com Guest

Thumbs up

A young lad like you shouldn't be staying up so late at night! Yep, checked your personal page. As the photos will attest, you need that beauty sleep! I'm going to check out the live feed in a bit. I dug up a few newer YFD pictures (80's vintage) that I'll scan in later this week and send you guys. How would you know about a bar serving alcohol to minors?

daysleeper47
    Firehouse.com Guest

Oh, I have just heard stories from the more troublesome teens in the community...yeah, thats what it is. (HONEST!)

Thanks for the photos...can't wait to see em.

Forum Member

Just want folks to keep looking at the YFD sites! Post a comment in the bulletin board on the YFD site or leave Joe or Greg a message in the guestbook. I get thousands of dollars for every person who signs the guest book. O.K. Maybe not...

I just checked out your sites and want to compliment you guys, in my opinion, thats one of the best department sites I`ve seen.

originally from beautiful Coshocton,Ohio

Forum Member

Thanks for the kind comments Jeg, I have been through Coshocton a hundred times, great little town.

And Steve, don't worry, Greg and I are coming up with some kind of payment plan for all of your hard work...are unmarked bills ok?

Forum Member

bump

Forum Member

Cool

Just so Joe doesn't have to bump again. Visit one of the cyberworlds premier web sites, yep, YFD is the one!

Forum Member

Cool

The bulletin board area of the Youngstown Fire web site has a discussion concerning fire alarm systems and related items. To take a look at the bulletin board, visit the Youngstown Fire Dept or youngstownfire.com then go to the Message Board link or then go to the YFD Bulletin Board.

You can also go directly to the YFD Message Board here!

There are photo posts showing pictures of fire alarm offices, running cards, box locations and other items of interest in the General Fire Call Box discussion. Photo posts show running cards, alarm offices and other interesting items from Houston, Texas; Newark & Trenton NJ; York & Pittsburgh PA, Cincinnati & Youngstown OH, Chicago, Detroit, Duluth, and others, Also, if your town has (or had) an alarm system, post a reply in the section for the appropriate state and let us know what the status of the system is! There is also a listing of flea markets and musters, firefighting topics, fire engines in the movies, the YFD and more! Feel free to post on any of the forums!

Also, when visiting either of these terrific sites, take a moment to post a comment in the Guestbook or one of the forums so that folks know that you were there!

(O.K. Joe & Greg, do I get my $5.15 an hour now......)

Forum Member

Talking New Rigs For the YFD

Check out the YFD sites for information regarding their new Pierce engines.

Also, the YFD Message Board has a new URL. Take a look for hundreds of posts regarding fires, apparatus, fire museums, fire related books, fire flea markets and musters, and many other topics!

Thread Information