Thread: Dispatching

  1. #1
    HHoffman
    Firehouse.com Guest

    Default Dispatching

    How is you Department dispatched? How is you P.D. dispatched? We are looking at dispatching all emergency services and need some input.


  2. #2
    firefighter40
    Firehouse.com Guest

    Default

    HHoffman: Here on our post we dispatch our own fire runs. The MP's have control over the 911 lines and can tone us out when we are needed. After they tone us we take it from there

  3. #3
    HHoffman
    Firehouse.com Guest

    Default

    firefighter40 do you keep a firefighter back at the desk during the call? Right now we have a 9 man duty crew, if we take the dispatching over we will have 10.

  4. #4
    firefighter40
    Firehouse.com Guest

    Default

    HHoffman

    Yes we have a firefighter/dispatcher. 80 % of there time is in the watchroom and the other 20% is on the floor. We also have firefighter fill in there shift when they are on kelly days, annual leave or sick leave and they do stay back

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

Log in

Click here to log in or register