Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
    Res29cue
    Firehouse.com Guest

Default 48 on 48 off Work Schedule

I am a Brother Firefighter with the Fort Dix IAFF Local F-115. We currently work 24 on 24 off and are looking into the 48 on 48 off with a 4 day break every 2 weeks, schedule. Is anyone familiar with this type of Federal Government Schedule.

Thanks

------------------
    Firefighter Duane Eastmond, Fort Dix; NJ

HHoffman
    Firehouse.com Guest

Thats a long shift to do all at one time. Are any other Departments using that shift?

Res29cue
    Firehouse.com Guest

Yes, other Federal Departments are doing this shift. I think its better than 24/24. Atleast when you are off 48 you have a little social life. 24/24 you really have none, especially when you drive over an hour to work.

------------------
    Firefighter Duane Eastmond, Fort Dix; NJ

ConSpaceTL
    Firehouse.com Guest

Res29cue:

Our Department has been on a 48/48 with four day kelly day since 95 or so. It is a great system!

While some may think 48 hours on the job is too much, we felt that 24 hours at home was to little!

When we voted to adopt the 48/48 we also had the option of staying 24/24 or going 48/24/48/24/48/144 ie 2/1/2/1/2/6 day off!
    We picked the 48/48.

Res29cue
    Firehouse.com Guest

Thanks for the info, where are you a FF?

crashaxe77
    Firehouse.com Guest

Hey everyone. Im a federal ff interested in 48 on and 48 off. The main question I have is how do you keep the shifts together with the 4 day kelly day. I would love to work this kind of schedual. I drive about 70 miles one way to work.

Thread Information