Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: ARFF Boots

Aaron Neely
    Firehouse.com Guest

Cool ARFF Boots

This one's for all the Airport FF's. I have reciently seen the new ARFF boots by Ranger (I think) and have been trying to get our dept to get them since, but to no avail, so I was hopeing some of my brothers out there would give me some good arguements to use. I know JP-8 (jet fuel) can break down the protection of standard structual boots and in our training pits we fill them up with jp-8 then do an attack, so our boots are always submerged in the fuel (and water) but I guess this wasn't enough for our upper management. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

------------------
    Aaron Neely
    Dyess AFB Fire Dept
    Abilene, TX

Herb King
    Firehouse.com Guest

The number one answer is... They are NFPA compliant. We just bought 20 pair for our ARFF personnell here at NAS Willow Grove and will be buying another 20 shortly. They are about the same price as structural boots ($117 for SEC) and if you are finishing off a proximity suit with structural boots the ensamble is not compliant. If someone gets hurt there is no defense for a lawsuit and the Union should be looking into this as a compliance issue.

Aaron Neely
    Firehouse.com Guest

Thumbs up

thanks, unfortunately though, we don't have a union to back us up since we are military. I was thinking about the compliance issue, but was having trouble finding info on boots. Thanks

------------------
    Aaron Neely
    Dyess AFB Fire Dept
    Abilene, TX

[This message has been edited by Aaron Neely (edited July 13, 2000).]

Thread Information