NCFiremedic
    Firehouse.com Guest

If your dept has a web page please add a link to it. Ours is: http://www.cherrypoint.usmc.mil/Emer...Dept/index.htm

Hope you like.

------------------
    Running a code is easy.
    The hard part starts when you bringem back and have a 30-40 min transport

FFSThomas
    Firehouse.com Guest

Cool

Barstow CA USMC Base

2 Stations
    4 Four man, BLS Engines
    2 BLS Ambulances
    1 Heavy Rescue
    17 on duty per shift

Extensive Auto & Mutual Aid with all local and state agencies.

WVA14
    Firehouse.com Guest

federal firefighters can be contracted out only if on the BRAC list. we have one here that came from Griffis Air Force Base that used to be in Rome, NY. our installation is represented by NFFE, but we have some support from the IAFF as an off post local, as IAFF F-256.

ArmyTruckCompany
    Firehouse.com Guest

Originally posted by WVA14:
    federal firefighters can be contracted out only if on the BRAC list. we have one here that came from Griffis Air Force Base that used to be in Rome, NY. our installation is represented by NFFE, but we have some support from the IAFF as an off post local, as IAFF F-256.
    Federal Firefighters can no longer be contracted out (I am sorry I don't know the specific ruling date/number) per FEDERAL mandate- which irritates the crap out of the Pentagon. WVA14- are you sure you aren't talking about being "RIF'ed"? (Reduction in Force) which is the same as being placed on the Stopper list??

------------------
    "Loyalty above all else, except honor."

WVA14
    Firehouse.com Guest

Question

In reply to ArmyTruckCompany......last i knew, if the base was on the brac (base realignment and closure) list, the fire department could be contracted out. As with everything else with the government, that may have changed as well. I know some people have want to contract us out if the base goes to Co-Co, Contractor owned, Contractor operated. Not sure what the deal is there if they could or not. If anyone knows for sure if we can't be contracted out at all, sure would appreciate hearing from you and the regs. We have NFFE here representing us, but they don't show much interest in the fire department here. Stay safe out there.

kmad
    Firehouse.com Guest

A BRAC dept can be contracted out six months prior to base closure date and for the caretaker force. I know because I was the last Chief of the Military Ocean Terminal In Bayonne NJ

------------------
    kmad

LisbonTrainingOfficr
    Firehouse.com Guest

Wink

Federal firefighters rock.
    Cant beat the bennies.
    Crash/Rescue Brunswick Naval Air Station.

Thread Information