Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
    johnnyno124
    Firehouse.com Guest

Question Federal FF Quals vs State Quals

Can someone tell me who I need to speak to or how can I obtain information regarding Federal FF Quals vs State Quals. Have applied for a Federal Job and meet all qaulifications according to the posting, now being told that my state is not complatable with Federal Standards..

Please Help.. can even Eamil me at johnnyno124@yahoo.com

thanks Jon Gearns

Fedfire
    Firehouse.com Guest

You need an IFSAC (International Fire Service Accredidation Congress) seal OR NPQB (National Professional Qualifications Board) seal on your certificates. If your state doesn't have the seal on the certificate, it won't meet DOD requirements.

dtj
    Firehouse.com Guest

http://www.ifsac.org/

http://www.npqs.win.net/welcome.htm

[This message has been edited by dtj (edited 12-13-2000).]

Chromis
    Firehouse.com Guest

Originally posted by Fedfire:
    You need an IFSAC (International Fire Service Accredidation Congress) seal OR NPQB (National Professional Qualifications Board) seal on your certificates. If your state doesn't have the seal on the certificate, it won't meet DOD requirements.
    I had my Florida Firefighter, accepted even wtihout IFSAC, NPQB. I submitted to H. Pike the whole list of what was in the class including hours for each subject, and they basicly went down a check list to see if it met.. It took a while, needed it notorized etc.

gunnyv
    Firehouse.com Guest

I had been a career ff in Michigan for 6 years when I lat moved to crash crew in my Marine Reserve unit. I had Hugh Pike on the phone with my Academy's administrator explaining how we had everything in NFPA 1001 covered and Pike shot me down. I just went to Pennsylvania (IFSAC) and challenged the FFI and II to avoid 3 months at Goodfellow. Am now awaiting a seat for the ARFF block there. I wasn't the only one, the Air National Guard guys got screwed the same way. Michigan has no reciprocity with anyone.

Thread Information