Forum Member

Default Little Creek NAB

Anyone have any info on Little Creek NAB, staff, equipment, schedule, work environment. Any info would be a great help thank
    Never pet a burning dog, that would be stupid!

I work in the same regional FD that NAB Little Creek is apart of. It's all part of Navy Regional Fire Rescue Hampton Roads now,, we are in the process of regionalizing as it is. Anyhow, NAB LC has two stations, both have a pumper and a rescue truck. the base itself is not as a large as Norfolk Naval Base, but it has a large amount of personnel that work there daily. There is a very active mutual aid program in place at LC with the cities of Norfolk and Virginia Beach. They have automatic dispatch for medical and structural calls in their frist run area off the base. They seem to catch the most fire of all the Federal stations in the area. The work schedule, I believe, is the 72 hour work week with rotating kelly days. The shift starts at 8 am and goes for 24 hours. minimum manning of 4 at each station with one battalion chief for the base. The engines are ALS engines with one paramedic assigned along with FF/EMT's. Anyhow, if you have anymore questions I may be able to help you out. I hope this helps.

Thread Information