Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
    Captain Hickman
    Firehouse.com Guest

Thumbs down from the fireline

Would hate to explane this to the Safety Officer..

FIREFIGHTERS INJURED IN IDAHO
    In Idaho, two New Jersey firefighters were injured when a driverless fire tanker rolled over their tent as they were resting between shifts. One man had a broken leg and two broken ribs, and the other had abdominal swelling and neck pain.

Aerial 131
    Firehouse.com Guest

Red face

Capt Hickman glad to know you are back from somewhere Montana.

As far as the NJ FF if the SO was bad wait till someone calls the home department chief and do not forget what the wifes will do!!

I had to give up an assignment to Wy this last week due to contract problems w/ FWS and career Fire departments (problems with the backfill). Hope it gets fixed quick, I have been ready to go with no ticket to go with. What a pain.

Zimmerman

------------------

mtnfireguy
    Firehouse.com Guest

At bit of clarification

The vehicle that hit the tent was a one-ton 4x4 brush truck. The driver had just started the truck getting ready to head out for day shift. He stepped out of the truck and was standing next to it when someone yelled at him, he turned around to see what they wanted and "poof" the truck was gone.

The only real issue that came up was the lack of wheel chocks and that was solved. Everything in camp that has wheels now has wheel chocks.

monte
    Firehouse.com Guest

What's predictable is preventable. Complacency strikes again.

mtnfireguy
    Firehouse.com Guest

The other and biggest contributing factor was the fact the the parking brake was not applied.

[This message has been edited by mtnfireguy (edited August 30, 2000).]

Captain Hickman
    Firehouse.com Guest

Originally posted by Aerial 131:
    Capt Hickman glad to know you are back from somewhere Montana.

As far as the NJ FF if the SO was bad wait till someone calls the home department chief and do not forget what the wifes will do!!

I had to give up an assignment to Wy this last week due to contract problems w/ FWS and career Fire departments (problems with the backfill). Hope it gets fixed quick, I have been ready to go with no ticket to go with. What a pain.

Zimmerman

Haven't made it back from Montant yet...haven't got'n out of Missouri yet. But I am on call this weekend for crew to go west. Got back from Emmitsburg, turned down the 4th chance at a crew. Been working on promotion to Assistant Chief position within department, and sorry to say I am no longer Captain Hickman.

gandalf49
    Firehouse.com Guest

Talking

As the assistant chief in my department, one of the things that I make sure of is that any engine that is on a scene or parked outside the station always has a chock under a wheel and the parking brake is set so that incidents like this do not happen to us. This policy has resulted in us not having any accidents related to this problem in our department..

------------------
    gandalf49

Aerial 131
    Firehouse.com Guest

Talking

Congrats on the promotion, sorry you have not got out of MO.

It rained in SE Washington twice in the last 3-4 days, have not seen any since like March. Extremly dry around here.

Zimm

------------------

Thread Information