Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: BARRICADE-GEL

JAMESBENNETT
    Firehouse.com Guest

Question BARRICADE-GEL

I WAS JUST LOOKING FOR SOME OPINION'S ON THE WAY BARRACADE-GEL IS PROMOTING THEIR PRODUCT AND HOW YOU FEEL ABOUT IT. I HAVE A MIXED-UP FEELING:

I HAVE SEEN TWO DIFFERENT DEMO'S OF THIS PRODUCT AND BOTH HAVE BEEN VERY IMPRESSIVE. THE PART THAT BOTHERS ME IS THE APLICATION TIME. THE REP. SAID THERE WAS A SHORT ORDER APP. THAT ONLY GETS THE EVE'S AND WINDOW'S, BUT IN A LIVE FIRE DEMO THE PRODUCT FAILED WITHOUT COMPLETE COVERAGE. I NEVER WHAT TO SEE THE DAY WHEN I HAVE TO ASK A HOME OWNER TO EVACUATE AND HEAR THEM TELL ME THAT THEY NEED TO PUT ON THE BARRICADE-GEL. THE THOUGH OF LOSING SOMEONE IN A FIRE TRYING TO SAVE THIER HOME KEEPS ME UP AT NIGHT. KNOWING THAT SOMEONE IS TELLING HOMEOWNERS THIS MAKES ME UNCOMFORTABLE. I KNOW THE PRICE OF THE PRODUCT IS OUT OF THE QUESTION FOR 90% OF THE FIRE DEPARTMENTS TO STOCK, SO THIS IS THE DELEMA THAT I FACE.:
    I KNOW THAT IT WILL WORK; IF TIME PERMITS APPLICATION.
    I WANT PEOPLE TO GO, BECAUSE IN MOST CIRCUMSTANCES BY THE TIME THEY ARE TOLD TO EVACUATE IT'S TO LATE.
    IT'S TO HIGH IN PRICE TO STOCK FOR A LARGE SCALE FIRE.

IF THE FIRE SERVICE IS GOING TO SUPPORT A PRODUCT LIKE THIS ONE I WISH THEY WOULD TREAT IT AS IT HAS FIRE EXTINGHISHERS: IT MIGHT HELP IF DONE AT THE RIGHT TIME, BUT LEAVE THE WORK TO THE PEOPLE THAT ARE TRAINED TO SAVE YOUR HOME AND LEAVE YOU GEL IN THE DRIVE WAY!

------------------
    SERVING FOR PRIDE
    PROUD TO SERVE!

LHS*
    Firehouse.com Guest

Hundreds of homes burn each year hours or days into a fire event. The Barricade works fine if you cover the entire home, partial appliaction accomplishes nothing.

Thread Information