countycrew
    Firehouse.com Guest

Talking where will the big one be?

So where do you guys think the big fires will be at? Also do you think the 2001 fire season will be anything like the 2000 season?

My guess is FL (its already burning) and Idaho, i think those will be the winners.
    Well guys stay safe this season. PEACE

Bear221
    Firehouse.com Guest

California- we have had a lot of rain,but the fuels are primed and ready,tempsand RH levels are low and the heat is already unbearable. this is the place but that is nothing new. This year has been predicted that it could be one of the worst season in the last 10 years.

mikercp
    Firehouse.com Guest

Angry

I think Arizona has the potential, we have already had several fires.

If your looking for urban/wildland interface try:
    www.fs.fed.us/r3/resources/fire/fireplan/fedregister.pdf

Stay Safe Out There

Mike

Phil Daniels
    Firehouse.com Guest

Somewhere out west!!!

As for BIG fires all we need to do is look north -- way north... like Alaska.

P

caza_28
    Firehouse.com Guest

i would say western wyoming. our 10,000 hrs fuels never changed between fall and spring, and have had several fires so far.

stay safe

Look North is a very accurate statement! I live 80 miles south of Fairbanks in Anderson, we currently have an 80,000 acre fire burning 5 miles east of us, another fire just south of Fairbanks is estimated at about 100,000 acres. Both fires are expected to have been started by the electric company they are surveying for a new power line out in the Tanana FLats and were known to be at the point of origin on both, they started June 20th. The temps have been 75-85, RH around 25-30% and winds kicking a** any where from 10-35 mph. It's been interesting!

Karen Shields
    Capt. Anderson VFD

Forum Member

I believe the big fire has hit for the year. It is far from the 100 thousand acres that we think about. It is sometime the common, small, everyday fires which usually end being the "Big One".

Be Safe and Remember our fellow firefighters:

Tom L. Craven, 30, Ellensburg, WA
    Karen L. Fitzpatrick, 18, Yakima, WA
    Devin A. Weaver, 21, Yakima, WA
    Jessica L. Johnson, 19, Yakima, WA.

For additional information: http://www.fs.fed.us/r6/fire/30mile/index.html

[ 07-11-2001: Message edited by: Captain Hickman ]
    "If it ain't broke, don't fix it...but, maybe we had better take a closer look at it."

looks like Teton County Wyoming.

While we all can enjoy not having big fires we need to band together to continue the funding and programs we had this year for next year. We may have the big ones again next year or next week for that matter.

Thread Information