SWIDFCWINS
    Firehouse.com Guest

Red face W/UI TELECONFERENCE CANCELED

THE IAFC'S TELECONFERENCE COVERING THE TOPIC OF "STRUCTURAL VS WILDLAND" SCHEDULED FOR JUNE 18TH HAS BEEN CANCELED DUE TO A LACK OF INTERESTED PARTICIPANTS. THIS INFORMATION WAS GIVEN TO ME BY TIM ELLIOTT, IAFC STAFF, WHO HAD ORGANIZED THE PLANNED TELEFONFERENCE.

GIVEN THE WIDESPREAD SERIOUSNESS OF THE W/UI FIRE PROBLEMS THAT HAVE CAUSED AND WILL CONTINUE TO CAUSE LOSS OF LIVES, DESTRUCTION OF PROPERTY AND LOSS TO THE ENVIRONMENT, I AM ASTOUNDED THAT MANY OF THE NATION'S FIRE CHIEFS ARE EXHIBITING A LACK OF INTEREST CONCERNING THIS MAJOR FIRE SERVICE ISSUE.

YOUR COMMENTS ARE WELCOMED.

------------------
    DFCWINS

Captain Hickman
    Firehouse.com Guest

Arrow

Guess the Nations Fire Chiefs are taking the attitude of.. "If it ain't broke, Don't fix it." From where I sit, even if we don't have a major problem here, I would hope that they, meaning the Fire Chiefs of which I guess I should include myself, need to adopt a different line of thinking..."If it ain't broke, Don't fix it.....However, maybe we had better take a closer look at it." Maybe not that many Big Chiefs are not interested in topic. Guess they really don't care what goes on outside their own communities, "We've done it for years this way and it works for us." There are better ideas available. We may not have the same problems with fires as the West, Northeast, or Southeast, but we all do have the same problems in tring to keep our people safe and properly protected. That should be the primary concern of any Fire Chief, be they from large or a small department.

Like the man says.."That's my opinion and I'm most likly wrong."

ndf2908
    Firehouse.com Guest

hey chief, that really blows my mind, the problem is everywhere.i guess we need another oakland disaster before everyone wakes up .

------------------

Thread Information