Default 4 FFs Died because of the Clinton Gore -enviorment policy

The 4 Fire Fighters that were killed in Washinton State in July Died because of a DEMOCRAT enviorment policy.

They needed a water drop to cut off the fire, and helecoptors have to ge permission from the Fish and wildlife agency before water can be drawn from lakes that have endangered spieces. (such a salmon) yea right!. these 4 individuals gave up their lives over FISH. They were protecting the forest so animals may live but, the enviormental wackos prevent firefighters from protecting themselves. The enviormental wackos have an aganda taht puts animal life before human life as noted in the Washington fire. We need common sense in Washington mot fuzzy science. How many more firefighters will die because of these stupid rules. Remember the IAFF endorsed AL Gore during the last election, please send the IAFF a tearful reminder that the people they supported are the same ones that contribited to the deaths of 4 brave individuals. (may god have mercy on their souls).

Forum Member

My own safety starts with me. Some of it is devolved to my truck commander. A little more of it is passed to the strike team leader and hence forth up the chain ultimately to the chairman of the organisation to which I belong. If I am in the wrong place at the wrong time it is most likely either my own or immediate superiors fault with a lesser degree of responsibility up the chain of command. EPA or cultural restrictions should have been identified and planned for well before placing me or my buddies in this situation. No disrespect is intended for either those that have perrished in the US or at home in Aust. The locations may be different but the chain of control and planning logistics remain the same.

Some years ago in the far East of Victoria a friend was in charge of a large blaze in a remote area. Trucks could not proceed across a stream as an aboriginal sacred site was marked nearby. Several hours elapsed until an aboriginal elder could be brought to the site. The elder examined both sides of the stream before pronouncing that the rubbish dump was on one side so the sacred site must be on the other. The bulldoser drove through the aboriginal midens with the trucks following. Aboriginal midens are ancient dumping grounds and valuable to archeologists. We all make mistakes.

[ 08-01-2001: Message edited by: Wombat ]

[ 08-01-2001: Message edited by: Wombat ]
    Disclaimer
    These views are my own and not of either my brigade or any other organisation.

Are you running for office 221? Nobody dies for a bucket of water!! If you have the patience to wait and read the report forthcoming, you will find this tragedy was the result of several actions or inactions that culminated in the tragedy. Not unlike any other regardless if it's firefighting, or sending people into space. Track it down, and you will ultimately find the culprits are us. We are failing to provide the best management possible by instead giving inadequate training, unrealistic training and physical preparation, and allowing unfocused actions on the fire ground. Nothing to do with politics, and for goodness sakes don't go off on the technology thing. If we can't begin to use our brains to fight fire but have to rely on technocrats, we might as well just draw straws and sacrifice x number of firefighters each year to lord stupid.

Forum Member

Seems like it always happens every time a firefighter dies, fingers start pointing. It seems to me that there are way to many people tring to point fingers. I haven't read all the reports, only read news articles and some of the federal information, but there are to many things that factor into the incident. So to jump on anyone's political bandwagon maybe a little to costly. One thing for sure, something went very bad. As to why, that's still open for debate. However this incident ends up, it's important to look at all the contributing factors and to make sure they don't happen again.

Seems like two cents isn't worth much anymore, so here's my contribution to the pot..

Hickman
    "If it ain't broke, don't fix it...but, maybe we had better take a closer look at it."

Hey 221....chill. Were you there? Do you really think that lack of a bucket drop killed our firefighters? Passing blame in this forum really doesn't do much good now does it? We need to look at the causes and effects of the tragedy. There were several contributing facxtors, not just a democratic lack of a bucket drop as you say. There are concxerns for environmental issues in all fires. We all are here for the same reason, I thought, and not to blame lack of a bucket drop on the cause of the tragedy.

You have got to be kidding me. 4 ff's die and you want to use thier deaths for your political agenda. I certainly hope I never get on a fire with you. It certainly wasnt a lack of a bucket drop that killed our comrades. It is much bigger than that I am sure. When the official report comes out I am certain that a chain of events and decisions, or lack of, contributed to this tragedy. Lets all learn from this!!!!!! And please, keep your political BS for the proper forum. 4 dead is not that forum

Thread Information