Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread

Default Helping out west

Does anyone know how myself and a friend of mine can go help out west with those fires? Are thier any national organizations? E-mail me at ddragan446@home.com thank you

First..Contact your state forest service agency or contact any of the federal wildland agencies in your state. Anyone looking to go out west to fight fires must be trained, physically able to do so, properly equipped with PPE and all of the essentials needed to camp out for 2-3 weeks. You also MUST have a current red card issued from the proper wildland or fire agency. After all of that you MUST be listed as a resource with whomever in your state has that responsibility. Then you just wait for a call.
    DFCWINSRET

Just go and look for smoke. They need help from everybody and all areas besides actual firefighting. You can help in the fire camps, repairing equipment, feeding firefighters,transporting supplies and equipment.

In situations such as these elitism is NOT founded.

I live in Louisiana and there are some people from here Texas and Arkansas meeting somewhere in Arkansas soemtime this week to go out west to help fight the wildfires.You might could cantact you state forestry sservice and get the number for the Arkansas forestry service and find out about it.
    LADIES LOVE ME.
    FLAMES FEAR ME.

"I PLEDGE ALLEGIANCE TO THIS FLAG, IF THAT BOTHERS YOU WELL THATS TOO BAD!" AARON TIPPIN

If you wish to burn our flag please remember to wrap yourself in it first!!!

ALL SOUTHERNERS ARE EXEMPT FROM ANY AND ALL OF MY YANKEE COMMENTS ON ANY AND ALL FORUMS.

THE SOUTH WILL RISE AGAIN!!!

It's not a matter of elitism as it is responsiblity. It is very important to be registered with your local or state agency prior to heading west. Most importantly, they can ensure that you have a job waiting for you when you arrive, and that you will be paid appropriately. As for a red card, that is only required for a suppression or overhead assignment. If you want to just work in the camp, then you may wish to call a local Job Service agency in the areas affected by fire.

Don't just "go and look for smoke...," as you may be very disappointed when you get turned away.

Good luck on your search for work...

- Phil

I am a seven year veteran of the fire service and I understand they are looking for firefighters out west and I can go there. I have sent in my resume for temporary employment on an Engine crew to the Forest service in Boise but I am looking for someone to call to speed up the process. If they are looking to Australia for people I am here in the States and I am ready and willing. Can you lend any assistance

Thread Information