Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: New Gear

Forum Member

Default New Gear

Hello all,
    does anyone know of any new gear for the coming fire season?

Forum Member

One thing we have been using for a few years and have had alot of luck with is the krill light, before we all used the light sticks you break but these work alot better and can be turned off when not in use.

http://www.kriana.com/kl180.html
    web page

Thumbs up

For me Fighting Wild fires is fun (the small ones) nothing is getting hurt and I'm able to go orving and have some fun doing it. As for equipment I feel that the standard equipment, helmit, gloves, long boots, a nomex suit, flashlight and of course your tools is all you need, none of this new fansy stuff. I like to believe in the phrase K.I.S.S. keep it simple stupid. The more stuff you have the heavier it get's and the harder it is to lug around. I'm out there to put a fire out not to go around draging 50 pounds worth of equipment with me so kiss.

Forum Member

KISS is a good way to go buy but when you get on larger fires sometimes you need to carry lots of gear, its why its good to have a good pack that you can wear for long hours. My pack weight is around 39 pounds but that is more for the Mountain fires, for more of the calif style road side fires its good to have just water, shelter, fuses, and hotshield.

Thread Information