MembersZone Subscriber

Cool Wildland Fire Training

I've been having trouble getting onto the NWCG website. I'm looking for information on contacts, cost, etc. to have a Red Card class for my department in Illinois. Can anytone help?
    Stay Safe.
    Firefighting... the only REAL job for us crazy ones

Never forget our fallen brothers
    9-11-01

Hi Rod,

I couldn't get to their site yesterday or today. I'm guessing they must be doing some revamping of their website.

The SD state fire marshal's office had a list of the wildland courses in our area. You might contact your state fire marshal to see if they have yours.

Good luck.

Joe

I also had trouble getting in. I think that they might be revamping or doing some work on the site. I also had trouble getting in to another few wildland sites as well. With it being the "off season" maybe everyone's redoing their sites. What you would want to do is to get into the training link and see where the courses are held. You might also want to contact your state forester who could be a point of contact as well.

Forum Member

Might check out the following article:
    http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,40340,00.html Don't know if it has anything to do with it or not.
    "If it ain't broke, don't fix it...but, maybe we had better take a closer look at it."

I believe all Dept of Interior web sites and external email are shut down by court order due to problems with Indian Affairs funds. The park service hosts the NWCG and most other wildland training sites.

Forum Member

Rod,
    there is a good school here is there web page.fire school
    Joe puts on alot of good classes, and always try to take as much as you can because there is always the case where the Forest Service is looking for a crew boss and if you have it you can go.

Yeah the web page where the sit report has been hard to get into. It really sucks because that is where alot of ff go to find out where hot spots are.

Thread Information