SCOTT SCHARF DCFD
    Firehouse.com Guest

Default CAPTAIN ALAN "AL" DUCHECK

DEAR BROTHERS,
    THANK YOU FOR ALL OF YOUR PRAYERS FOR CAPTAIN DUCHECK'S FAMILY AND THOSE OF US FIREFIGHTERS WHO LOVED SERVING ALONGSIDE OF HIM. CAPTAIN DUCHECK WAS A LOYAL AND DEDICATED FIREFIGHTER, WHO INSPIRED ALL OF US, NO MATTER WHAT HE DID, HE DID IT WELL, HE WILL BE GREATLY MISSED BY ALL OF US. THE LAST THREE DAYS HAVE BEEN FULL OF SORROW FOR US ALL, FROM THAT TRAGIC SUNDAY NIGHT TO THE COLD WEDNESDAY MORNING THAT WE SAID OUR LAST GOODBYES TO CAPT. DUCHECK. WHILE WE GREATLY MISS OUR CAPTAIN, WE ALL KNOW HE WILL STILL BE WATCHING OVER US IN EVERYTHING WE DO. THIS TRAGIC AND SUDDEN LOSS HAS EFFECTED ALL OF US, AND WE ALL HOPE WE WILL NEVER HAVE TO DEAL WITH IT AGAIN, HOWEVER WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY INFORMATION ABOUT FIREFIGHTERS FUNERALS, WE ARE GOING TO PUT TOGETHER A PROTOCOL FOR THIS, IF YOU HAVE ANY INFO WE WOULD APPRECIATE IT.

ANY CORESPONDANCE IS APPRECIATED!!

De SOTO CITY FIRE & RESCUE
    17 BOYD ST
    De SOTO MO 63020

OR CALL (314) 586-3888

RESPECTFULLY,
    SCOTT SCHARF 5760
    De SOTO CITY FIRE & RESCUE

------------------

[This message has been edited by SCOTT SCHARF DCFD (edited March 07, 1999).]

nsfirechap
    Firehouse.com Guest

Scott,

You all have been in our thoughts and prayers since I first learned of this tradegy. May God truly bless and comfort you and the members of your department. I mailed out a letter to your department when I first heard, hopefully it made it. Anything we can do please let us know. A good source of info on funeral protocols can be found at the Federation of Fire Chaplains web page.lso, the best protocols I've found are by the Boston FD, have written for them, would count it an honor to share them with you when I get them.

God bless you,

Chaplain Jeff Turkel
    North Star Volunteer Fire Depatment
    North Pole, Alaska

------------------

Thread Information