doug057
    Firehouse.com Guest

Default LODD Procedures

Looking for any information on LODD procedures. We are developing a procedure and could use information concerning notification of family through Firefighter funeral etiquette. e-mail at DOUG057@aol.com or mail to: Eastlake Fire Department
    35150 Lakeshore Blvd.
    Eastlake, Ohio 44095
    ATTN: Battalion Chief Cummings

EXTRCATOR
    Firehouse.com Guest

Greetings,
    I posted a question sometime ago about this issue and funeral protocol. One of the brothers informed me about a group called Federation of Fire Department Chaplains. I contacted them and they have a book that will answere any question about LODD and funeral protocols. TO contact this group use " CHAPDIR1@AOL.COM ".I hope this helps as much as it did for me.
    In Fire safety,
    Victor F. Dane

Karl
    Firehouse.com Guest

If you are looking for resources on line of duty deaths, funerals, and line of duty death benefits, you should try contacting the National Fallen Firefighters Foundation at firehero@erols.com! They have a resource list concerning line of duty deaths and funerals. Currently, their list does not include addresses for obtaining the resources, but I have been assured that this is in the works. You should also check out the benefits available to the survivors of a member killed in the line of duty. The NFFF has a summary of the benefits available through the federal Public Safety Officer Benefit program. Your state will probably have other benefit programs as well.

Thread Information