Closed Thread
Page 2 of 6 First 12345 ... Last
    Administrator

I wish to send my condolences to all Worcester firefighters. I was a riding(Harley) friend of Tim Jackson, he will be missed.

Deputy53
    Firehouse.com Guest

Unhappy

The officers and members of America Hose, Hook & Ladder Co. #2 In Bristol, PA (Sta. 53).offer our condolence to the families of the fallen Worcester Fireman. May God hold those who have givin so much in the palm of his hand. Our prayers are with all of you.

David Singleton
    Firehouse.com Guest

The greatest gift a man can give is to give of his life in service of others. Our prayers are with you. May God bless you and give you strength in this your hour of need.

With Deepest Sympathy,
    North Providence,R.I. Firefighters
    Engine Company No.3
    " C " Platoon

cfdtruckman
    Firehouse.com Guest

Unhappy

"I HAVE NO AMBITION IN THIS WORLD BUT ONE, AND THAT IS TO BE A FIREMAN.....THE NOBILITY OF THE OCCUPATION THRILLS US AND STIMULATES US TO DEEDS OF DARING...EVEN OF , SUPREME SACRAFICE".
    To our brothers in Worcester, You gave the supreme sacrafice for your community. Your memory will live forever.
    To citizens of Worcester, especially the families of the fireman. our prayers are with you all. God Bless.

Jeff Geitter
    Columbus Oh Division of Fire

Administrator

To the brave firefighters of Worcester; there are no words that can be said to feel the loss you have suffered. To the families of McGuirk, Lyons, Botherton, Lucey, Jackson and Spencer, your courage this afternoon speaking to the media was nothing short of amazing. There are many who will say that Christmas Spirit had died in your city, but don't you believe it. Your job
    is to save properites, pets and people. In progess you brand of brothers take your life is God's hands. We in New England will have you in our prayers this Christmas. Now Lift your heads up; you're our warriors and more
    lifes are left to save.

yours truly
    Christopher Alan Adams
    Manchester, New Hampshire

Administrator

The members of Hudson, NH Fire Department would like to give our deepest
    sympathy and condolences to all the members and families of the Worchester Firefighters who made the Big Sacrifice. Our hearts are with you. If there is anything we can do, please do not hesitate to ask.

Gary J Rodgers
    Deputy Fire Chief
    Hudson

acfire
    Firehouse.com Guest

On behalf of the men and women of mason County Fire District 5 in Washington State I would like to express my condolenses to the men and women of the Worcester Fire Department. Such a terrible loss for one to experience and so many at a time. Several years ago, the Seattle Fire Department, lost four firefighters and even today the mention of their names bring tears to ones eyes. I can only imagine that the loss of these six fine firefighters will be remembered for many years to come.

To the men and women of Worcester Fire and to the family and friends of the fallen we send our deepest regrets. May god bless them and their family and friends.

Michael J Snyder
    Assistant Chief
    Mason 5
    Allyn, WA

minotaur
    Firehouse.com Guest

im truly sorry for u loss , i wish the best of wishes thru a diffcult time
    jay firefighter/emt michigan

Stephen E. Ludwick
    Firehouse.com Guest

The Officers and Firefighters of the Pembroke NH Fire Department send their heartfelt condolences to our Brothers and Sisters in Worcester MA. May God be with you in this time of tragedy and sorrow.

Terry Storer
    Firehouse.com Guest

Our thoughts and prayers are with the families and friends of the fallen Worcester Firefighters. Your challenge is the hardest as you attempt to come to terms with your loss. May the good Lord give you strength.

When a person makes the choice to serve his fellow man by entering a public safety career, Life takes on a new meaning. We see so much pain that each good memory becomes
    priceless. Each life becomes so important to us that we are willing to offer ours to save another. This is a special "gift" that serves as our legacy.

GOD Bless you !

Lincoln Rural Fire Department
    Lincoln,IL

chrisrobbin44
    Firehouse.com Guest

To my fellow brothers in the Worcester FD, and the families of the six firefighters called to GOD on 12/3/99
    Know that you are in the thoughts and prayers of myself and the rest of the Bowdoinham FD and please accept our deepest sympathies, we will remember these men who so valiantly fought for the greatest cause of all....to save a human life...and for that GOD will reward them.

Christopher A. Read, FF/EMT/RN
    Bowdoinham (ME) Fire Department

[This message has been edited by chrisrobbin44 (edited December 05, 1999).]

robitj11
    Firehouse.com Guest

Unhappy

Today an example of heroics was found. It is rare that a tragedy like this happens, and a tragedy when it does. These hero's that have for the helpless fallen will never be forgotten. They are true heroes. May God bless those they leave behind, and keep them close in thier hours of need.

------------------
    Firefighter 35 clear

S.E. McClure
    Firehouse.com Guest

I would like to express my heart-felt condolences to the families and friends of my brother firefighters from WFD. They gave the supreme sacrifice and will be missed.

Administrator

I would just like to send my condolences to the families and all the firefighters that were affected by the terrible fire this past weekend.

I cant imagine the sadness and pain they are experiencing but they should know that prayers and thoughts are with them from Canadians across our country.

Sincerely
    Susan Watson
    Kitchener, Ontario, Canada

Administrator

When the Lord closes the door,Somewhere he opens a window.

Although I did not know any of our fallen hero's, somehow I feel like I did. My heart is filled with sadness and sorrow for our hero's, families and co-workers.

I wish to express my deepest sympathy, and too let them all know that they are not alone in this time of need and sorrow.

The city of Worc. will truly miss them all.........

From Karen P.
    Worc. Mass.

Administrator

It is with deep regret that we send this note to tell you how sorry we are for your loss. Please be assured that the firefighters and their families from the
    Division of Fire and E.M.S. in Lexington Ky share in the loss of these that gave their life so valiantly in the line of duty for their city. May god bring peace and understanding to the family, and friends of those that have fallen, and the community that they served.

SLEEPYLFD

Administrator

On behalf of the Bon Air Volunteer Fire Department, in Bon Air, Virginia, I want to express my sorrow and give my condolonces to the firefighters, families and friends of the six brother firefighters who made the supreme sacrifice. May they rest in peace, and may our memories of them last a lifetime.

Brian Barfield
    District Chief
    Bon Air VFD

Administrator

To the families, brother and sister firefighters of WFD:

It is with heavy heart that we send our thoughts and prayers to you over the tragedy that has broken all of hearts throughout the world. Please know that the Good Lord has taken our Brothers with Him to Heaven, and that they are looking down on you all with love and spiritual support. Our prayers are with you.

David Grice
    East Cleveland Fire Dept.
    East Cleveland, OH

Administrator

I would like to express my heartfelt feelings of grief to the family and friends of my brother firefighters that made the supreme sacrifice. My prayers are with you all.

Capt. S.E. McClure, Charleston (WV) Fire Department L-317

Administrator

The members of the Marlboro Volunteer Fire Department, Inc. Of Upper
    Marlboro, Maryland, send our heartfelt sorrows to the family's, Worchester Fire Dept. Your are in our prayers and will be remember for a long time. Each one of us during our time have been close to the final call. Please keep this in mind that everyday is special. May God bless you

Mike

Fahey
    Firehouse.com Guest

On behalf of all my brother firefighters on the Buffalo Fire Department, our prayers are with the fallen Worcester firefighters and their families.

DCupstateny
    Firehouse.com Guest

Unhappy

At first glance it may seem these men are just normal average citizens with all of the normal, average pleasures and pains. This is only partly true. The significant difference is that when the fire alarm went off, these men ceased being average.

Our thoughts and prayers are with the families of our fallen brothers, and the Worchester Fire Dept.

No greater love has any man, that he would lay down his life for another.....john 15:13

Capt. Dan Aldous
    Canton Fire & Rescue N.Y.

ResQRev
    Firehouse.com Guest

Our prayers are with the families of our brothers who offered the supreme sacrifice.

We all share in the loss.

The Rev. John G. Fleischmann
    Chaplain
    Center Moriches LI FD
    Director, Suffolk Co. NY CISM Team

Mike Granoth
    Firehouse.com Guest

Unhappy

On behalf of the Officers & members of the Naugatuck Vol. Fire Co. No. 1, I extend our condolences and support to the families and friends of these fallen heroes. God Bless.

LT. Michael R. Granoth
    Naugatuck Vol. Fire Co. No. 1
    Naugatuck, CT

KMT
    Firehouse.com Guest

Today, one of the Martyrs who gave his life so freely for others was found. Firefighter Timothy P. Jackson, 51, Ladder Co. 2,was one of the first of the two two men rescue crews to go after the first two that had become disoriented. The families spoke so eloquently today. God has given them so much strength. Our mayor said yesterday, "The sun did not rise today...". No one could have said it better in any other way. At a public ceremony for the lighting of the Menorah for Chanukah, I was among several officials to speak. I was mindful that the purpose of Chanukah was a dedication or rededication of the ceremony after relief from oppression at the time. That the Festival of Lights was to commemorate the miracle of the menorah being lit for eight days when there was only enough oil for one day. In this season of lights celebrated all over the world, people would be educated about kindness and caring for others, that we must see the light, and pass it along. Here in Worcester, we have seen other types of light during the past several days. We have seen the horrible orange light of the fire, we have seen the lights from the rescue teams and the TV cameras. But last evening, as my family was coming home from a service, I looked to the sky and saw another type of light. It was made by God. It was the light from the heavens, the stars. The message was clear to me then. Through God's light, there is hope. It is with that hope that we continue to pray that the rest of our Martyrs are found, that their families and brother and sister firefighters can find closure and begin the long, arduous process of healing. God bless us all.
    Please continue to pray for the families that they have the strength to go on. There will be a memorial for the six firefighters at the Worcester Centrum on Thursday.
    Kate Toomey
    kate@katetoomey.com
    or
    REGIS79@aol.com

[This message has been edited by KMT (edited December 06, 1999).]

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 6 First 12345 ... Last

Thread Information