Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
Closed Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Administrator

It is with deep regret that we send this note to tell you how sorry we are for your loss. Please be assured that the firefighters and their families from the
    Division of Fire and E.M.S. in Lexington Ky share in the loss of these that gave their life so valiantly in the line of duty for their city. May god bring peace and understanding to the family, and friends of those that have fallen, and the community that they served.

SLEEPYLFD

Administrator

On behalf of the Bon Air Volunteer Fire Department, in Bon Air, Virginia, I want to express my sorrow and give my condolonces to the firefighters, families and friends of the six brother firefighters who made the supreme sacrifice. May they rest in peace, and may our memories of them last a lifetime.

Brian Barfield
    District Chief
    Bon Air VFD

Administrator

To the families, brother and sister firefighters of WFD:

It is with heavy heart that we send our thoughts and prayers to you over the tragedy that has broken all of hearts throughout the world. Please know that the Good Lord has taken our Brothers with Him to Heaven, and that they are looking down on you all with love and spiritual support. Our prayers are with you.

David Grice
    East Cleveland Fire Dept.
    East Cleveland, OH

Administrator

I would like to express my heartfelt feelings of grief to the family and friends of my brother firefighters that made the supreme sacrifice. My prayers are with you all.

Capt. S.E. McClure, Charleston (WV) Fire Department L-317

Administrator

The members of the Marlboro Volunteer Fire Department, Inc. Of Upper
    Marlboro, Maryland, send our heartfelt sorrows to the family's, Worchester Fire Dept. Your are in our prayers and will be remember for a long time. Each one of us during our time have been close to the final call. Please keep this in mind that everyday is special. May God bless you

Mike

Fahey
    Firehouse.com Guest

On behalf of all my brother firefighters on the Buffalo Fire Department, our prayers are with the fallen Worcester firefighters and their families.

DCupstateny
    Firehouse.com Guest

Unhappy

At first glance it may seem these men are just normal average citizens with all of the normal, average pleasures and pains. This is only partly true. The significant difference is that when the fire alarm went off, these men ceased being average.

Our thoughts and prayers are with the families of our fallen brothers, and the Worchester Fire Dept.

No greater love has any man, that he would lay down his life for another.....john 15:13

Capt. Dan Aldous
    Canton Fire & Rescue N.Y.

ResQRev
    Firehouse.com Guest

Our prayers are with the families of our brothers who offered the supreme sacrifice.

We all share in the loss.

The Rev. John G. Fleischmann
    Chaplain
    Center Moriches LI FD
    Director, Suffolk Co. NY CISM Team

Mike Granoth
    Firehouse.com Guest

Unhappy

On behalf of the Officers & members of the Naugatuck Vol. Fire Co. No. 1, I extend our condolences and support to the families and friends of these fallen heroes. God Bless.

LT. Michael R. Granoth
    Naugatuck Vol. Fire Co. No. 1
    Naugatuck, CT

KMT
    Firehouse.com Guest

Today, one of the Martyrs who gave his life so freely for others was found. Firefighter Timothy P. Jackson, 51, Ladder Co. 2,was one of the first of the two two men rescue crews to go after the first two that had become disoriented. The families spoke so eloquently today. God has given them so much strength. Our mayor said yesterday, "The sun did not rise today...". No one could have said it better in any other way. At a public ceremony for the lighting of the Menorah for Chanukah, I was among several officials to speak. I was mindful that the purpose of Chanukah was a dedication or rededication of the ceremony after relief from oppression at the time. That the Festival of Lights was to commemorate the miracle of the menorah being lit for eight days when there was only enough oil for one day. In this season of lights celebrated all over the world, people would be educated about kindness and caring for others, that we must see the light, and pass it along. Here in Worcester, we have seen other types of light during the past several days. We have seen the horrible orange light of the fire, we have seen the lights from the rescue teams and the TV cameras. But last evening, as my family was coming home from a service, I looked to the sky and saw another type of light. It was made by God. It was the light from the heavens, the stars. The message was clear to me then. Through God's light, there is hope. It is with that hope that we continue to pray that the rest of our Martyrs are found, that their families and brother and sister firefighters can find closure and begin the long, arduous process of healing. God bless us all.
    Please continue to pray for the families that they have the strength to go on. There will be a memorial for the six firefighters at the Worcester Centrum on Thursday.
    Kate Toomey
    kate@katetoomey.com
    or
    REGIS79@aol.com

[This message has been edited by KMT (edited December 06, 1999).]

kjnlop
    Firehouse.com Guest

From a policeman in R.I. They were better men than I. R.I.P.

KcAreaFF
    Firehouse.com Guest

Unhappy

To lose one firefighter is a tragedy; to lose 6 in one incident is unimaginable. But the people in Mass. are having to deal with just that. We, as a public service family, must deal with instances such as this all too often. It is my hope that the families and friends of the victims know that these 6 men died doing what they lived for. As we approach the holidays, may we all remember those touched by this and other incidents, and may we all carry on the spirit and dedication that these fellow firefighters left behind. May God give each of us the strength and protection that allows us to do our duty.

Robert Reynolds

Administrator

Though words cannot express anything close to our complete and heartfelt condolences to the families, and the community in Worcester, we still would like you to pass along our prayers for all. It is extremely painful for all of us. Especially having lived there for 20 years, and also having a brother-in-law, and several friends on the WFD currently, it hits very close to home. I know that community is one of the BEST in the world, and from here in Michigan I am setting up, with the local union tommorrow, as much support and help that is possible. This is such a trajedy for everyone that has heard, and is directly involved, and we hope that what we can do will help ease some of the burden and pain. I will be in touch tommorrow. God bless all........................... .............

S Miller

Administrator

My heart goes out to the family and friends of the six brave firefighters in
    Worcester. As a former volunteer firefighter I can only begin to imagine the
    pain and anguish that they are going through. My prayers are with them as
    they deal with the loss of their loved ones.
    Greg Gibson
    Massillon, Ohio

Administrator

the heartfelt grief is unspeakable...

they risked their lives to save "ours"...
    what a horrific loss.

to the families, friends and the countless servants who battled (and are
    STILL battling) that viscious monster...my deepest sympathy.

michele t. grenache
    (niece of retired captain john cavanaugh)
    worcester, ma

Administrator

the heartfelt grief is unspeakable...

they risked their lives to save "ours"...
    what a horrific loss.

to the families, friends and the countless servants who battled (and are
    STILL battling) that viscious monster...my deepest sympathy.

michele t. grenache
    (niece of retired captain john cavanaugh)
    worcester, ma

Administrator

The officers and members of the Rock Hall Fire Dept. send our deepest
    sympathies to the families, friends, fellow firefighters and the city of
    Worcester, Mass. for the loss of the six brave men who gave their lives to
    save others doing what they loved. Our hearts go out to you and we are
    thinking about constantly, and you will be in our prayers always.

Captain Ken Smith
    Rock Hall Fire Dept.
    Kent County, Md.

Administrator

I would just like to say that my prayers, thoughts and heart go out to the
    families and friends of those lost in the blaze. I would like to let them
    know that their memory will live on in my heart, as well as every
    firefighter's heart. I am sorry for your loss.

They and You will always be in our prayers,

Tom Prose
    Wayne Township, IN

Administrator

I am a volunteer firefighter with 26 years of service in the Berkshires of Western Massachusetts. I have also been an instructor with the Massachusetts Firefighting Academy for over 15 years. I know a number of Worcestor firefighters through the academy and have worked with those members who are also instructors.

My heart has ached since hearing of this terrible tragedy. Words cannot express the sorrow I feel for the members of the firefighter's families and for their comrads in the Worcester Fire Department.

I had to lower the flag at our station to half staff this morning, and did so with a very heavy heart...

I know the prayers and best wishes of all my fellow firefighters here in the Berkshires are with the families and all our fellow firefighters in Worcester during this most difficult time.

Bill D.

Bigegg
    Firehouse.com Guest

To the family, friends and Firefighters in Worcester.

Myself and my family send our condolences.

Age shall not weary; them they will never grow old.
    At the going down of the sun we will always remember them.

Damian

Thread Information