Closed Thread
Page 5 of 6 First ... 23456 Last
    Administrator

To the members and the families of the WFD,

My deepest respect and sorrows go out to the families and the members of the WFD. The six members, of your department, gave the ultimate sacrifice. They are true heroes. Once again, my most sincere regrets. May God bless you.

Sincerely,
    Brother Mike Dutcher
    Framingham Fire.

Brody
    Firehouse.com Guest

Unhappy

It is with deepest sympathy that I and my family send condolences to the friends, families, and the department. You are in our thoughts and prayers.

Lt. Brody Hubbard
    Newport Fire Department
    Newport, AR

Administrator

The Members and Families of the Rehoboth Fire Department express their heartfelt sympathy to the Members and Families of the Worcester Fire Department.

The of Heroism and Dedication of the Worcester Firefighters serve as shinning
    examples of how a fire department should be. You give smaller departments such as ours a gauge and goal of how we should conduct ourselves.

We further comfort ourselves with, and offer to you, the knowledge that although is sadness and longing here on Earth, in Heaven their is rejoicing in the addition to their ranks of such wonderful and precious Saints.

God Bless and Comfort You All.

On Behalf of the Rehoboth Fire Department
    John C. Parker Jr., Deputy Chief

Administrator

To the members, families, and friends of the six lost souls of the Worcester, Mass Fire Department we send our prayers and condolences. We wish you comfort and strength now and always. We are greatly sorry for your loss. Our thoughts are with you,

Augusta Community Volunteer Fire
    Department Augusta, MO

Administrator

The Trenton Fire Dept, Trenton, MO. sends condolence in the loss of fellow
    firefighters. We have also experienced this sad situation.

Administrator

My deepest condolences and sympathies go out to the families, friends and fellow Brothers of the Heroes from Worchester. They paid the ultimate price for what so many of us believe so deeply in. May God watch over them and the ones they left behind. God bless our Bravest.

Rob Marvin
    Keating Volunteer Fire Company
    Darlington Township Volunteer Fire Department

Administrator

I wish to express the great sorrow I feel. I am a volunteer firefighter and a father of 5 young children. I've always been aware that something like this could happen to me, but
    always manage to put it out of my mind.
    Regardless of pay status, at a fire scene, a firefighter is a firefighter and we are all mortal.

I pray the families get peace of mind. I hope the children grow to understand the importance of their fathers profession.

With my sincere condolences,

FF Alan M. Saball
    Meadowood County Area Fire Department

Administrator

God has no greater love for a man than one who gives his life for another.

Our hearts go out to all the families, friends, and other members of your department.

condolences to all.

Administrator

I know by now you all have received numerous
    letters and emails from strangers you have
    never heard from before, We will add another to your list. I was a fire victim back in 1988,fortunatley no one but the cat was hurt.....but it left us homeless right before Christmas. It obviously had a profound effect on the family. I cant even imagine what your families must be going
    through.When I was a child The loss of my cat
    was enough to hurt me immensly, not that I am
    a mother with a husband I needed to send you
    this to say that I truly am sorry for your loss.

There was no need for this sensless tragedy,I
    only can pray that you all find the comfort and strength you need in each other, and hope
    that we can find answers that I am sure you
    all must need.

Please know that my heart as well as the rest of my family's goes out to you all.
    I am sure that there have been offers,but if
    there is anything I can do to help you,any of you,if I can do it.....I gladly will.

I wish you all strength, and hope that your
    families love remains strong and powerful
    t get you through this.

My prayers are with you,
    Megan Rose
    71 Edgeworth St Apt #25
    Worcester, Mass 01605

Administrator

We watch and wait,
    though we know your fate
    Struck by the loss of your lives

A Family of Brothers
    Pledged to save others
    We mourn with your children and wives

May God hold you near
    as we'll take good care
    of the families you left behind

Rest in Peace

A Very Grateful Worcester Resident

Administrator

May the peace and love of almighty God be with all the members and families touched by the tragedy in Worcester. My family and I will pray for all concerned.

Administrator

MOSTLY, PEOPLE DON'T THINK MUCH ABOUT ME;
    SIMPLY A "HAT". MY REAL NAME IS HELMET. ONE PERSON THINKS ALOT OF ME - MY FIRE FIGHTER. WE'RE SPECIAL FRIENDS. WE KNOW EACH OTHER BETTER FOR THE MOMENTS WE HAVE SHARED. I'VE BEEN WITH HIM FROM THE URGENT SECOND THE ALARM BELLS RING, THROUGH THE STRUGGLES
    OF FIRE AND SMOKE. EXASPERATING ATTEMPTS TO RESCUE, RELIEF WHEN MOMENTS ARE QUIETER, DISGUST WHEN NOTHING MORE COULD BE DONE AND SAD TIMES WHEN FOR ALL OUR STRUGGLES, THERE WERE SOME LOST.

MY FIRE FIGHTER AND I HAVE HAD MANY TALKS. I'VE ASKED HIM WHY HE GIVES UP THOSE BETTER PAYING JOBS, WITH MORE BENEFITS, SOME OUR FAMILIES WOULD RESPECT MORE, JOBS IN COMFORTABLE OFFICES OR BUSINESS CARS. I ASK HIM WHY HE WORKS AT A JOB WHERE YOU ARE EXPECTED TO WORK ON CHRISTMAS AND OTHER HOLIDAYS ASSIGNED, WHY HE WANTS A JOB WITH LONG HOURS, OFTEN TIMES WAITING FOR ACTION
    AND OTHER TIMES WHEN ANXIETY OR TENSION ARE UNDERSTATEMENTS. I'VE ASKED HIM WHY HE GOES INTO FIRE WITH THE VAST UNCERTAINTIES IMPLIED.

WELL, HE TOLD ME WHAT I HAD SEEN AND FELT BEFORE. IN THOSE MOMENTS WHEN WE ENTER A SMOKE FILLED NURSING HOME SEARCHING FOR TRAPPED PERSONS WITH CAREFUL BUT URGENT CHECKING, SEEING TRAMPLED BODIES, DESTROYED MEMORIES AND HYSTERIA TO SPARE, THE VITAL IMPORTANCE OF BEING THERE IS THE REASON. WE ARE GIVEN A RARE OPPORTUNITY TO MAKE A DIFFERENCE IN WHAT APPEARS TO BE A HOPELESS SITUATION. THIS IS A PRIVILEGE AND WE FEEL REWARDED.

FROM THE MOMENT I REST ON HIS HEAD, I FEEL THE ADRENALINE PULSING THROUGH HIM. I FEEL AT HOME WHEN MY FIRE FIGHTER PUTS ME ON. WE ARE A TEAM - I WOULDN'T FEEL COMPLETE WITHOUT HIM AND HE WOULDN'T FEEL COMPLETE WITHOUT ME.

NOW AS I SIT ON A HOOK OUTSIDE THE FIREHOUSE, ABOVE THE BAY DOORS, I WONDER WHY I REST HERE. I HAVE NOT SEEN MY FIRE FIGHTER TO ASK HIM.

MELANIE DIMOPOULOS
    WIFE of FF local 1664,
    Montgomery Co., MD

Administrator

IT IS WITH MY DEEPEST HEART FELT SYMPATHY THAT ALL OF MY FIERFIGHTER FAMILY, SENDS ITA DEEPEST CONDOLANCES TO ALL OF THE FAMILYS OF OUR LOST BROTHERS .

RETIRED CAPT.
    MICHAEL LABELLE
    HARTLAND VOL. FIER DEPT.
    HARTLAND VT.

Administrator

To: The Brothers and sisters in Massachusetts,

All the Charlotte FireFighters in North Carolina wish to pass on our sincere condolences to all the family's of the BRAVE WORCESTER FIREFIGHTERS. Your deeds and actions in the past and the future will not be forgotten.

To the Men and Women still on the job...standing strong together as you wait
    to bring your brothers home, we wish to thank you for your energy and
    dedication.

In our Prayers

Charlotte Fire Department North Carolina

Administrator

we in worcester are saddened and heavy in heart today ..we have lost six brothers, sons, fathers,friends to the ultimate sacrifice on 3dec1999.

these mens are heros as are all that answer the call of the brotherhood and live by the code.

thanks to these men and many others countless lives have been saved over the
    years and we owe a debt of gratitude to all of our brother firefighters for helping us and doing what it takes to keep us ,our children and our families safe and secure.

god bless you all we will never forget you:

Fallen firefighters identified
    Lt. Thomas E. Spencer, 42, of Worcester
    Timothy P. Jackson, 51, of Hopedale
    James F. "Jay" Lyons, 34, of Worcester
    Joseph T. McGuirk, 38, of Leicester
    Paul A. Brotherton, 41, of Auburn
    Jeremiah M. Lucey, 38, of Leicester.

Administrator

The Wills family send their prayers and condolences to the families of the heroes, and to the entire worcester fire department, every one of them take it to the table every time the bell rings. It is sorrowful that they were lost.

Administrator

with our heavy hearts, we in the arff world at alert one express our condolences and our prayers are with each and everyone of you. may we all gain the power and strength from all of our brothers around the world that feel the loss of our fallen comrades.

CHIEF FIRE OFFICER
    OLIAS RIVERA
    ALERT ONE FIRE INTERVENTION RESOURCES
    8400 MAPLE ST.
    HAYDEN IDAHO
    208-769-0777

Administrator

with our heavy hearts, we in the arff world at alert one express our condolences and our prayers are with each and everyone of you. may we all gain the power and strength from all of our brothers around the world that feel the loss of our fallen comrades.

CHIEF FIRE OFFICER
    OLIAS RIVERA
    ALERT ONE FIRE INTERVENTION RESOURCES
    8400 MAPLE ST.
    HAYDEN IDAHO
    208-769-0777

Administrator

HI,,,MY NAME IS ROBERT THOMAS FROM SHREWSBURY,MA.LIVE VERY CLOSE TO WHERE THE
    FIRE WAS..JUST WANTED TO SAY SOMETHING TO THE FAMILIES OF THE FALLEN FIRE FIREFIGHTERS.I WAS IN THE MARINE CORPS WHERE WE ARE A BAND OF BROTHERS.I KNOW THE FEELING OF FALLEN BROTHERS,,BUT TO THE FAMILIES,,I CAN GIVE YOU THIS,,

BE STRONG OF HEART ,,AND MAY GOD BLESS YOU IN YOUR GOING OUT AND YOUR COMING IN,,,IN YOUR LAUGHTER AND IN YOUR TEARS TILL THAT DAY IN WHICH THERE IS NO SUNSET AND NO DAWNING....AMEN.. ALSO,TURN YOUR SCARS INTO
    STARS!!!!

GOD BLESS ALL OF YOU!!!!!

Administrator

It is with deep regret and heartfelt sympathy that we send this message to
    our brothers and sisters in the Worcester Fire Department. Our prayers are with both you and your families, especially to the families of the brothers that were lost. May the Lord give you comfort and peace. Be assured that the anguish and sorrow you are feeling during this painfully blue Christmas
    Season is shared by your brethren across the entire country. A contingent of brother and sister firefighters from Philadelphia, PA and the surrounding area will be attending the memorial service Thursday. We offer our support to you in any way that is needed.

President
    George Casey Local 22 I.A.F.F.
    Philadelphia Fire Department

Administrator

Condolences to our brothers and sisters of the Worcester Fire Department, their families and friends. Our prayers and thoughts are with you.

Chief Jim Auclaire & Firefighters
    Jerome City Fire Department

Administrator

As we are parents of an EMS/Firefighter, we know how our hearts would break and the pain we would feel should this tragedy happen to us. Our heartfelt condolences and thoughts go out to these brave firefightersfamilies.

The Strongs

Administrator

THE MEMBERS OF THE PATERSON FIREFIGHTERS ASSOCIATION, REPRESENTING THE
    260 CAREER MEMBERS OF THE PATERSON N.J. FIRE DEPARTMENT, WISHES TO
    EXTEND OUR DEEPEST CONDOLOENCES TO OUR BROTHERS IN WORCESTER. IN 1991 WE
    LOST A BROTHER IN A SIMILIAR SITUATION, WHERE IT TOOK TWO DAYS TO RECOVER HIS REMAINS. WE KNOW YOUR HEARTBREAK, BUT CANNOT IMAGINE IT 6 TIMES OVER. OUR THOUGHTS AND PRAYERS ARE WITH YOU.

FRATERNALLY,
    LEON MONDELLI
    PRESIDENT, PATERSON FIREFIGHTERS ASSOCIATION

Administrator

OUR PRAYERS AND SYMPATHY TO THE WORCESTER FIRE DEPT., FAMILY ANDFRIENDS OF OUR FALLEN BROTHERS.

ONSET, MA. FIRE DEPT.

evanster
    Firehouse.com Guest

Unhappy

To the Firefighters and Families of the Worcester Fire Dept:

The pictures of the horrid aftermath of such a devistating fire are ingrained the the hearts of my family and I. Our prayers and thoughts are with all of you during this holiest of seasons. God bless.

FF/EMT-P Evan Pollock
    Rye, NH Fire Dept.

------------------
    Smoke detectors save Lives!

Closed Thread
Page 5 of 6 First ... 23456 Last

Thread Information