It is with a heavy heart that I find my self writing today, for I have lost six of my brothers. They were six of the most courageous, selfless, heroic people on the face of this Earth. They were sons, brothers, uncles, nephews, husbands, and fathers.

On behalf of the Professional Firefighters of Wisconsin and the Stevens Point Firefighters local#484, I want to extend our sympathy and condolences to the familes of the fallen firefighters. They will be missed greatly, especially during the approaching holiday season.

I have so much I want to say but I am having a hard time putting it into words, so if I may I would like to turn to the firefighters friend, the Bible. "Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends." John 15:13 That is the firefighters creed, we know that when we take this job the risks involved, but we know that when we do have to fight a fire, that God will always be with us. "Yeah though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for Thou are with me, Thy rod and Thy staff, they comfort me." Psalm 23:4 You can rest assured that these men are in Heaven for God had a plan for them or he would not have called them.

If I can I would like to share something that my wife gave me:

What is A Firefighter?
He's the guy next door.
A man's man with the memory of a little boy.
He never got over the excitement of engines, sirens, smoke and danger.

He's a guy like you and me, with warts and worries and unfilled dreams. Yet he stands taller than most of us.
He's a Firefighter.
He puts it all on the line when the bell rings.
A firefighter is at once the most fortunate and the least fortunate of men.
He's a man who saves lives because he has seen too much death.
He's a gentle man because he has seen too much of the awesome power of violent forces out of control.
He's responsive to a child's laughter because his arms have held too many small bodies that will never laugh again.

He's a man who appreciates the simpler pleasures of life...Hot coffee held in a numbed, unbending fingers...
The flush of fresh air pumping through smoke and fire convulsed lungs...
A warm bed for bone and muscle compelled beyond feeling...
The camaraderie of brave men...
The divine peace of selfless service and a job well done in the name of all men.

He doesn't wear buttons or wave flags or shout obscenities.
When he marches, it is to honor a fallen comrade.
He doesn't preach the brotherhood of man.
He lives it.

Rest in peace my brothers, don't worry about your families, they will be taken care of. We will miss you.

Fraternally,

------------------
Ronald Heibler
Firefighter/Paramedic
PFFW Honor Guard
1701 Franklin Street
Stevens Point, WI. 54481